Every time you fly someone will die!
Posted by feww on September 7, 2009
FEWW Moderators had never heard of the “Con the Nasty Traveler”
That’s until the “ghost readers” of Condé Nast Traveler allegedly voted Italy and New Zealand as the top 2 tourist destinations in the world [sic.]
Moderators believe tourism [euphemistically, eco-tourism] is an intentional [informed and willing] act of eco-terrorism. How would YOU define tourism and air travel?
Every time you fly someone will die!
MSRB has estimated the carbon pollution (CO2e) associated with air travel:
Each air passenger produces about 1.36 lbs. [0.62 kg] of CO2 and other Greenhouse Gases (called CO2 Equivalents or CO2e) for every air mile flown.
Italy is in Europe, but New Zealand is “downunder.” So what sort of damage do you inflict on the environment when you fly all the way to New Zealand?
NewZeelend, a New Zealand news blog says:
On a return flight from the United States to New Zealand, each visitor produces about 7.4 metric tons of CO2 pollution. [Note: Driving an average passenger car in the US over a year, traveling 12,500 miles (20,112 km), which burns about 581 gallons (2,200 liters) of gasoline, produces about 11,450 pounds (5.2 metric tons) of carbon dioxide.] A couple on a return flight from the US to NZ produce as much CO2 as driving their car for about THREE years! A UK visitor produces about 17.64 metric tons of CO2. A European/UK couple on a return flight to NZ produce more CO2 than in EIGHT years of driving.]
Was tourist safety a factor before Nast[y] Traveler dished out its readers’ award [sic] to New Zealand?
Did you know that between January 1, 2000 and August 9, 2009 at least 1,585 foreigners were killed in New Zealand? [The 450 permanently missing American, Chinese, Japanese, Korean ... nationals are not included] That is as many as 36 percent of all US troops killed in Iraq during a comparable period. [Between March 2003 and August 9, 2009, some 4,330 US military personnel were killed in Iraq—officially acknowledged.]
Who’s Masashi Hayama?
Masashi Hayama, 22, a Japanese male, was the 1,603rd foreigner to be killed/murdered in New Zealand [the latest known victim who was found dead just yesterday] since January 1, 2000. If Condé Nast Traveler could interview him now, he would probably have a few words to say about the award.
What about Food Safety in New Zealand?
Ask the 63 percent of all British households who abstained from eating New Zealand lamb throughout 2008 !
Much of New Zealand food is “contaminated with disease-causing bacteria and viruses as a result of over-crowded factory farming conditions and unhygienic processing plants.” NZ Green Party said.
“New Zealand has the highest rates of Campylobacter food poisoning in the developed world, nearly 3 times higher than the next highest countries, England and Wales, and 10 times higher than America and Canada.”
“An extraordinary 75,000 New Zealanders [nearly 2 percent of their population] are affected by Campylobacter food poisoning every year.” [See report highlights.]
And New Zealand Beaches?
Steer clear of deadly fish on New Zealand beaches. Poison from dead fish piling up on New Zealand beaches can kill you in 60 minutes. Deadly fish washed up on New Zealand beaches have prompted health authorities to warning the public to stay away.
The warning signs will not be removed until investigating agencies believe Auckland’s beaches are safe. Photo: PHIL REID/The Dominion Post
Image may be subject to copyright. (Source: Lethal Coastal Waters Kill Deadly Fish!)
Any Other Health Concerns in New Zealand?
You can express your opinion about air travel, tourism award, or eco-terrorism by emailing the Editor, [discredited] CNTraveller.com at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Another Asian Killed in New Zealand
- Proudly Killed in New Zealand [Most recent toll only!]
- If You Are Flying to or Importing Food From New Zealand
- On a return flight from the United States to New Zealand
- To & From New Zealand: Double Act of Eco-Terrorism
- Woman gang raped by as many as 10 ‘animals’
- Two more teenage tourists raped in New Zealand—together!
- Chinese Woman Raped in Broad Daylight as Kiwis Look On
- Avoid having your sweethearts raped and robbed! Don’t take them to New Zealand!
- Dutch Govt Acts on New Zealand Rapes
- It’s rape-a-tourist season in New Zealand, again!
- Another Dutch Couple Raped in New Zealand
- New Zealand Burger King Rape
- A 27-year-old English tourist was seriously sexually assaulted [syn: RAPED] while walking at a beauty spot [And asked to pay the rapist by credit card!]
- How Many of NZ’s Latest Rape Victims Were Tourists?
- Another Tourist Gang Raped
- 10 compelling reasons why we Americans should visit New Zealand
- Third Asian Murdered in New Zealand in One Week!
- South Korean tourist’s head chopped off with spade
- 10 Worst Places