Image of the Day:
Fire: A Major Mechanism of Collapse
An Early Dividend of Rising Global Temperatures
A deadly fire, which killed at least one person, consumed more than 300 homes in Navotas City, Philippines, Aug. 27, 2010. (Xinhua/Rouelle Umali). Image may be subject to copyright. More images …
Argentina: Meanwhile, about 1,500 hectares of Calilegua National Park in northwestern were burnt out by a fire.
Italy: At least 3 dozen fires which have broken out in southern Italy since Saturday, are believed to have been caused by rising temperatures, reports say.
- Moscow Heat, Smog Claim Many Lives
- Moscow Chokes
- July the Month of Instantaneous Combustion
- Collapse Headlines 28 July 2010
- Moscow heat breaks 130-year record
- Severe Drought Grips Southern Russia
- World Sizzling in Hottest Year to Date
- U.S. Had 8th Warmest June, Wetter
- Earth: Wounded and Feverish
- Collapse Diary