Wildfires Force State of Emergency in Eastern Washington
Posted by feww on September 16, 2012
DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,277 Days Left
[September 16, 2012] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,277 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
Symbolic countdown to the ‘worst day’ in human history began on May 15, 2011...
Global Disasters/ Significant Events
- Washington, USA. Gov. Gregoire has declared a State of Emergency for all counties east of the Cascades on due to destructive wildfires.
- “This is one of the worst fire situations that I can recall during my time as governor. Firefighters have done a tremendous job to keep people safe, and keep the number of homes lost to a minimum. But they need more resources – especially as we expect weather conditions to remain less than favorable.” Gregoire said.
- Multiple fires “currently threaten over 500 homes, resulting in numerous evacuations,” she added.
- The Wenatchee Complex includes over 50 lightning-caused fires burning in Chelan County.
- Alaska. “An unseasonable storm of considerable size and strength is affecting the southern mainland this weekend with strong winds and heavy rains. The low is near the Alaska Peninsula moving towards Bristol Bay.” NWS reported.
- Utah. Washington County has declared a state of emergency after flash floods damaged Santa Clara, Ivins and St. George, reports said.
- Idaho. Up to a million acres are being consumed by wildfires across Idaho. The largest blazes include:
- Mustang Complex: 315,000 acres
- Trinity Ridge Fire
- Sheep Fire
- Mcguire Complex
- Porcupine Complex
- Powell Sbw Complex
- Portugal. In the first 8 months this year, 16,168 forest fires consumed 73,055 hectares of forest, up 81 percent from 2011, said a report.
- “One single giant blaze at Tavira, in the Algarve, which broke out on 18 July, ravaged 21,347 hectares of forest – some 29 percent of the total for all of Portugal from January and August.”
- Okinawa. NEWS BLACKOUT IN EFFECT CONCERNING THE EXTENT OF DAMAGE CAUSED BY TYPHOON SANBA
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs
- 2010 Disasters [Links to 2010 Disaster Calendar]
- Mega Disasters
- 2011 Disaster Calendar
- 2012 Disaster Calendar
This entry was posted on September 16, 2012 at 1:50 pm and is filed under Global Disaster watch, global disasters, global disasters 2012, global heating. Tagged: Alaska Peninsula, Bristol Bay, carrying capacity, human impact, Idaho wildfires, Okinawa, Portugal forest fires, Salmon-Challis National Forest, storm, Typhoon SANBA, Utah flash flood, Washington, Washington County, Washington state, Washington wildfires, Wenatchee Complex, YRD CANYON FIRE. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.