Panama: Thousands of Homes Damaged or Destroyed
Posted by feww on November 30, 2012
DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,198 Days Left
[November 30, 2012] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,198 Days Left to the most Fateful Day in Human History
- Symbolic countdown to the ‘worst day’ in human history began on May 15, 2011 ...
Global Disasters/ Significant Events
Flooding and landslides damage or destroy thousands of homes in Panama
Thousands of homes have been damaged or destroyed by flooding and landslides in Arraijan, Capira, La Chorrera and Colon City, Panama following extreme rain events in the region.
- About 10,000 people have been forced to flee their homes along the Caribbean coast, Panamanian authorities said.
- Dozens of rivers in the region overflowed their banks inundating and destroying homes, roads, bridges and other public infrastructure, local reports said.
- Panamanian President, Ricardo Martinelli, has declared a state of emergency in the flooded areas.
- “This is more serious than people thought,” Martinelli said. [No $$$$, Sherlock! Moderator]
- Qatar. A Qatari poet has been jailed for life for ‘insulting’ the $&^% #@* Emir with his poem
- Muhammad Dheeb Ajami was charged with “insulting” Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, aka the Emir of Qatar.
- Bahrain. A Bahraini blogger has been sentenced to six months imprisonment for allegedly insulting the ‘royal family.’
- A Bahraini activist has been sentenced to six months in jail for allegedly insulting Sheikh Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, who recently self-promoted himself to a king. Three other bloggers remain in custody, awaiting court rulings, reports said.
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs
- 2010 Disasters [Links to 2010 Disaster Calendar]
- Mega Disasters
- 2011 Disaster Calendar
- 2012 Disaster Calendar