Heavy Snow, Cold Temperatures Paralyze East Europe
Posted by feww on December 18, 2012
DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,180 Days Left
[December 18, 2012] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,180 Days Left to the most Fateful Day in Human History
- Symbolic countdown to the ‘worst day’ in human history began on May 15, 2011 ...
Global Disasters/ Significant Events
East Europe Cold Snap: Hundreds Dead or Injured
- Ukraine. Cold has killed dozens of people and left hundreds hospitalized in Ukraine as temperatures dipped to minus 24.5 Celsius (-12º F).
- Heavy snowfall dumped about 55cm of snow in some areas.
- Night temperatures are expected to fall to -28 degrees this week, forecasters said.
- Czech Republic. Cold temperatures of as low as -20ºC (-4ºF) left at least a dozen people dead and many others suffering from frostbites.
- The Balkans. More than 110 centimeters (43 inches) of snow in the Balkans left dozens of people dead or injured in Croatia and Serbia.
- Romania. “Above-average snowfall cut electricity supplies across Romania, leaving about 90 towns without power amid falling temperatures, the Bucharest-based Economy Ministry said,” according to a report.
- Slovenia. Multiple accidents and sliding trucks blocked roads in Slovenia, leaving scores of drivers stranded without food and water.
- Russia. Moscow temperature dipped to minus 17ºC, and is expected to further drop to as low as minus 26ºC, with snow flurries forecast.
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs
- 2010 Disasters [Links to 2010 Disaster Calendar]
- Mega Disasters
- 2011 Disaster Calendar
- 2012 Disaster Calendar