Thousands of Dead Pigs Dumped in Shanghai River
Posted by feww on March 11, 2013
Porcine circovirus (PCV) found in Shanghai drinking water source
More than 3,000 dead pigs were dumped in the upper reaches of the Huangpu River, a source of Shanghai’s drinking water, authorities said.
Dead pigs removed from the Hengliaojing Creek in Shanghai’s district of Songjiang. The creek flows into the upper reach of the Huangpu River, a source of the city’s drinking water.
“The number is expected to rise as there are still six barges that have not returned from collecting carcasses. We have to act quickly to remove them all for fear of causing water pollution,” the director of Shanghai Songjiang District Environmental Protection Bureau, told the Global Times.
The authorities don’t yet know what killed the pigs. Tests for common pig-borne diseases including swine fever, foot and mouth, hog cholera and epidemic diarrhea have thus far proved negative, said a report.
- China Shrouded in Sand, Dust and PM March 10, 2013
The danger posed by growing resistance to antibiotics is ‘as big a risk as terrorism,’ the UK medical chief, Professor Sally Davies has warned, describing the threat as a “ticking time bomb.”
March 11, 2013 – DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,097 Days Left
Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,097 Days Left to ‘Worst Day’ in the brief Human History
- The countdown began on May 15, 2011 …
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID PLANETARY DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun