M7.8 Quake Strikes Iran-Pakistan Border
Posted by feww on April 16, 2013
Powerful quake felt throughout the Persian Gulf region
The quake struck at a depth of about 15.2 km (9.4 miles), USGS/EHP reported.
Earthquake Location Map. Source: USGS/EHP. Map enhanced by FIRE-EARTH.
- Magnitude: 7.8
- Date-Time: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 10:44:13 UTC
- Location: 28.056°N, 62.080°E
- Depth: 15.2 km (9.4 miles)
- Region: IRAN-PAKISTAN BORDER REGION
- 86 km (53 miles) ESE of Khash, Iran
- 167 km (103 miles) NE of Iranshahr, Iran
- 198 km (123 miles) SE of Zahedan, Iran
- 237 km (147 miles) SSW of Rudbar, Afghanistan
- Location Uncertainty: horizontal +/- 14.9 km (9.3 miles); depth +/- 6.2 km (3.9 miles)
- Source: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Extent of damage caused by the quake and casualties, if any, were unknown, as of posting.