Two tornadoes leave a trail of destruction across Victoria, NSW injuring at least 20 people
Destructive twisters described as “terrifying,” ripped through Murray River towns of Bundalong, Yarrawonga, Mulwala, Rutherglen, Koonoomoo and Cobram, leaving at least 20 people injured, five seriously, more than 60 homes uninhabitable, and many more houses, mobile homes and businesses damaged, reports said.
- The tornadoes have been assessed as between F1 and F2 on the F-Scale rating, with wind speeds between 118 and 254km/h [F3?] and a destruction path 150m – 250m wide, said the Australian Bureau of Meteorology.
- A local official in Mulwala described his town as “looking like a war zone” after the tornadoes swept through.
- “It’s just like a bomb went off. Trees have got no leaves. It’s just defoliated them. It looks like Agent Orange has sort of gone through there and stripped them.”
- Another official said: “It is colossal damage, this will cost millions to fix.”
- “Big trees that weigh tonnes have been plucked from the ground and dragged and smashed everywhere.”
Other Global Disasters/Significant Events
USA: Connecticut Disaster Declaration
The White House has declared a major disaster exists in the State of Connecticut in the areas affected by a severe winter storm and snowstorm during the period of February 8-11, 2013.
- Public infrastructure and facilities were destroyed or damaged by the severe winter storm and snowstorm in Fairfield, Hartford, Litchfield, Middlesex, New Haven, New London, Tolland, and Windham Counties and the Mashantucket Pequot and Mohegan Tribal Nations located within New London County.
Thailand: Drought Disaster Declared in 39 Provinces
Drought disaster has been declared across 39 of Thailand’s 76 provinces, with a 4oth province, Suphan Buri, on the verge of becoming another disaster area, said officials at the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM).
- At least 20 of the disaster areas are experiencing extreme [exceptional] drought.
USA: New Hampshire Disaster Declaration
The White House has declared a major disaster exists in the State of New Hampshire in the areas affected by a severe winter storm and snowstorm during the period of February 8-10, 2013.
- Public infrastructure and facilities were destroyed or damaged by the severe winter storm and snowstorm in the counties of Belknap, Carroll, Cheshire, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham, Strafford, and Sullivan.
United Kingdom: Britain could run out of gas in 36 hours
Britain’s natural gas stocks are running low due to the unseasonably cold weather, which has pushed the demand up by at least 20 percent. In the worst case scenario the country could run out of gas supplies in 36 hours, reports said.
March 22, 2013 — DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,086 Days Left
Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,086 Days Left to ‘Worst Day’ in the brief Human History
- The countdown began on May 15, 2011 …
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID PLANETARY DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun