Vatican: Loitering at the precipice of irrelevance
Posted by feww on March 11, 2008
The Vatican’s New Sins: One Sin Short of the Grand Jackpot!
Jesus preaching the Sermon on the Mount. [Note: Subject is not wearing a crown!]
Loitering at the precipice of irrelevance, the Kingdom of Vatican has refreshed its traditional seven deadly sins by creating seven modern mortal sins it regards as relevent in an era of “unstoppable globalization.”
The New Seven [Mortal Sins]
- Environmental pollution [Does that include the 4.6-ton Popemobil which is transported by Hercules plane and is flown all over the world with the “holy entourage?]
- Genetic manipulation [Moderators reserve comment on this one until the issue is clarified.]
- Accumulating excessive wealth [How much is much too much? Does that apply to catholic billionaires?]
- Inflicting poverty [Does paucity of knowledge also count?]
- Drug trafficking and consumption [What about gambling, prostitution and the war racket?]
- Morally debatable experiments [Is birth control a morally debatable experiment?]
- Violation of fundamental rights of human nature [Is the exponential growth economy one such fundamental violation? If not, what about his holiness Tony Blair?]
The Old Seven [Deadly Sins]
Why are some still bickering?
They believe “the Holy See” is shortchanging its subjects. They are one sin short of winning the grand jackpot!