2011 Disaster Calendar – May
On May 15, 2011 symbolic countdown to the ‘worst day’ in human history will begin.
NEW VISITORS WHO HAVEN’T ALREADY READ THE FIRST WAVE OF COLLAPSING CITIES, OUGHT TO DO SO NOW!
2011 – 2012: A Time for Mega Disasters
U.S., the world, stake the future on high-energy strategies. Energy models’ simulations show all such strategies ending in collapse. EDRO
FIRE-EARTH Forecast: 2011 SIX TIMES MORE DISASTROUS THAN 2010
Nearly all of the anthropogenic and human-enhanced disasters that will occur on the planet in the 2011-2012 period would have been preventable.
Humans continued to devour energy at a rate of 17.3terrawatt in 2011, when maximum ‘safe’ limit was less than 1.9terrawatt.
IMPORTANT: Neither FIRE-EARTH nor EDRO MODELS SHOW the WORLD ENDING in 2012, but that the FIRST PHASE of CIVIC COLLAPSE WILL HAVE STARTED.
Blog assessments are based on dynamic model simulations analyzing the environmental impact of excessive energy consumption. Moderators reject ALL END-WORLD PROPHECIES .
2011 Disaster Calendar
January 2011 | February 2011 | March 2011 | April 2011 | May 2011 | June 2011 | July 2011 |
Day 486 [May 1, 2011]
- China. Severe sandstorms sweeping across northwest China have destroyed/damaged thousands of hectares of crops and affected tens of thousands of people, reports said.
- “The worst sandstorm of the year hit Beijing Saturday morning after sweeping through other regions in north China, the municipal meteorological station said.”
- “Beijing’s sky turned yellow early in the morning as the sandstorm reached the city from Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. Statistics from Beijing’s Environment Protection Bureau shows Saturday’s air quality is among the worst in the year.“
- ” Statistics from the State Forestry Administration shows the sandstorm has swept through 10 provinces and regions in north and west China, affecting an area of 2.3 million square km with a population of 90 million people.” Said a report.
- Southern Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region in west China are affected by a separate sandstorm, the report added.
Day 487 [May 2, 2011]
- Northern Rockies, USA. Massive wildlife die-offs occur in Northern Rockies. Big-game animals record die-offs in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming have been reported. The estimated mortality rate among mule deer fawns in a wildlife management reserve near McCall in central Idaho has jumped to 90 percent this winter, 4 and a half times the average annual rate.
Day 488 [May 3, 2011]
- Illinois, USA. A state of emergency has been declared in White County after torrential rain worsened near-record flooding, a report said.
- New York, USA. New Hartford’s town supervisor has declared a state of emergency following widespread flooding damage from last weeks storm, a report said.
- Alabama, USA. Tornadoes and storms destroyed about 500 homes in Calhoun County, which has now been declared a disaster area by FEMA, reports said.
Day 489 [May 4, 2011]
- Mississippi, USA. DeSoto County Board of Supervisors have declared a 30-day state of emergency for DeSoto County because of more flooding, as the Mississippi continues to rise, a report said.
- Meanwhile, Gov. Barbour has asked the White House to declare 11 counties along the Mississippi River as disaster areas in anticipation of flooding.
- Saskatchewan, Canada. Town officials in Kipling, SK, have declared a state of emergency following sewer backups throughout the town, which were caused by flooding, reports say. At least several hundred cattle have died as a result of the deluge.
- Poland. Some 41 Polish motorists have lost their lives with 547 others injured in about 400 accidents since late Friday evening, a report said.
Day 490 [May 5, 2011]
- Alabama, USA. Six more counties in northwest Alabama (Colbert, Franklin, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Marion and Winston) have been declared federal disaster areas, making a total of 38 counties in the state eligible for disaster aid, a report said.
- Tennessee, USA. Lawrence and Wayne counties in Tennessee have been declared federal disaster areas, making a total of 46 counties in the state eligible for disaster aid, a report said.
- Kentucky, USA. Federal govt has declared Kentucky a major disaster area following record lake and river levels in the sate caused by back to back storms. The declaration includes 48 counties and 17 cities, a report said.
- Beijing, China. Beijing population has grown to 19.612 million, up by 6.043 million (44.5 %) from 2000, a report said.
- China. China’s population reached 1.37 billion in 2010, including 1.3397 billion on the mainland, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said.
- Global. World population is set to exceed 7 billion in October 2011.
Day 491 [May 6, 2011]
- United States. The U.S. House of Reps. have approved legislation to force exploration lease sales off the Virginia coast and in the Gulf of Mexico, which were canceled or suspended following the BP oil disaster, a report said.
- Vermont, USA. The surging levels of Lake Champlain have damaged about 600 homed, prompting Gov. Shumlin to declare a state of emergency. “There have been 595 homes in Vermont that have been damaged,” Shumlin said. “Three homes have been destroyed completely.”
- New York, USA.Record high water on Raquette River has prompted the authorities to declare a state of emergency in Potsdam, NY, reports said.
- “As the Raquette River continues to absorb the unprecedented rain fall and snowmelt runoff in the watershed, Brookfield will be maintaining releases from Carry Falls reservoir at approximately 11,500 cubic feet per second, as measured at Colton Dam. Based on real time circumstances, Brookfield will be reevaluating release levels and may make adjustments.” Chief Dam Safety Engineer for Brookfield Renewable Power said.
- NY, USA. Franklin County Manager has declared a THIRD state of emergency because of flooding, a report said.
- Iowa, USA. Pocahontas and Sac counties have been declared federal disaster areas because of the widespread damage caused by the April 9 tornadoes, a report said.
Day 492 [May 7, 2011]
- Texas, USA. Texas wildfires have consumed about 2.3 million acres and destroyed 1370 homes. Some 94 percent of Texas is suffering severe drought or worse, according to the Drought Monitor, with exceptional drought (the worst category) plaguing 26 percent of the state.
- Louisiana, USA. The Administration has declared a state of emergency in 21 Louisiana parishes because of the rising Mississippi River, reports said.
- NY, USA. St. Lawrence County in New York has declared a countywide state of emergency because of the swelling Raquette River, reports said.
Day 493 [May 8, 2011]
- Quebec, Canada. The worst flooding in Quebec in 150 years has destroyed or damaged at least 3,000 homes, leaving about 2,800 people homeless.
- “People are getting around in canoes, rowboats and watercraft, with the water so high it has left some houses half-submerged.”
- Lake Champlain has risen to a record 103.26 feet above sea level, the U.S. National Weather Service reported. Flood stage is 100 feet!
- Arkansas, USA. Severe flooding in parts of Arkansas will have a “serious and long-term economic impact” on the state, Gov Beebe has said.
- “There’s going to be an agricultural impact … problem with aid or assistance on agricultural losses is that traditionally the … Department of Agriculture is a couple of years behind, time-wise, on those kinds of assessments, so you’ve got a tough period to go through for those farmers,” he said.
- “Economically on agriculture it’s going to be very difficult, and devastating for some.”
- Vermont, USA. Hundreds of homes have been destroyed or damaged as a result of lake Lake Champlain flooding, a report said.
- USA. Thousands of people living along the Mississippi River have evacuated their homes in at least six states as the rising river continues to top all previous levels.
Day 494 [May 9, 2011]
- Manitoba, Canada. Brandon city council has declared a state of emergency was the Assinibione River continues to rise.
- Arkansas, USA. Gov Beebe has declared 63 of Arkansas’ 75 counties as disaster areas following the recent storms and flooding, which have claimed more than 2 dozen lives, reports say.
- Mississippi, USA. The W.H. has declared as disaster areas 11 counties in Mississippi, where Mimajor flooding is expected, reports say.
- Togo. Dozens of people were killed when their boats capsized during a storm in Lake Togo about 40km east of the capital, Lome, reports quoted the police as saying.
- Philippines. Tropical storm Aere (Bebeng) has pummeled north-eastern Philippines causing widespread flooding and landslides, leaving about a dozen people dead and forcing more than 110,000 villagers to abandon their homes, reports said.
Day 495 [May 10, 2011]
- Manitoba, Canada. Manitoba government has declared a provincial state of emergency for multiple areas in response to the rising Assiniboine River, a report said. “The province said there is an ‘imminent threat of flooding’ along the Assiniboine River in the RMs of Portage la Prairie, Woodlands, Rosser, St. Francois Xavier, Headingley, Cartier, Macdonald and Grey and in the city of Portage la Prairie.”
- North Dakota. The White House has declared North Dakota a major disaster area because of the continued flooding which began on February 14, 2011.
Day 496 [May 11, 2011]
- Tennessee, USA. The White House has declared Shelby and 14 other Tennessee counties disaster areas following the damage caused by rising Mississippi River and extreme weather events that have buffeted the region since mid April.
- Minnesota , USA. The White House has declared 20 counties in both the Red River Valley and southern Minnesota federal disaster areas because of widespread flooding and severe storms in March that wreaked havoc in the state, a report said.
- Missouri, USA. The White House has declared five Missouri counties major disaster areas following devastation from tornadoes, storms and flooding. “Property owners who’ve gone into the Mississippi River Floodway say the situation is bad.” Said a report.
Day 497 [May 12, 2011]
- Lorca, Spain. A magnitude 5.2 quake struck about 6 km SW of the historic town of Lorca (pop 86,119) in Spain’s Murcia region at 16:47 UTC on May 11, killing about a dozen people and injuring many more.
- Kansas, USA. USDA has designated 21 counties in western Kansas as natural disaster areas because of severe drought, wildfires and strong winds that have impacted the areas since January 2011, reports said. “Lack of rainfall has reduced or eliminated pasture as a forage source for ranchers and caused a total wheat crop loss for some farmers.”
- “Counties in the disaster designation are Finney, Gove, Grant, Greeley, Hamilton, Haskell, Kearny, Lane, Logan, Meade, Morton, Ness, Scott, Seward, Sheridan, Sherman, Stanton, Stevens, Thomas, Wallace and Wichita. USDA also declared 13 contiguous counties eligible for natural disaster assistance. The list includes Cheyenne, Clark, Decatur, Ellis, Ford, Graham, Gray, Hodgeman, Norton, Pawnee, Rawlins, Rush and Trego.”
- Philippines. Death toll from tropical storm Aere (Bebeng) has climbed to at least 24, reports say. The storm damaged about 7,250 hectares of corn, rice and other crops.
- A tornado spawned by the storm destroyed or damaged at least 41 homes.
- The storm also affected about 200,000 people in 250 villages, towns and cities in 10 provinces.
- Brazil. Severe flooding in the state of Pernambuco over the past few days has caused 51 cities to declare a state of emergency, and 18 cities are in a state of calamity, according to the Brazilian civil defense Bulletin,” said the Flood Observatory at Colorado Uni. “Overall, 222,400 people across 51 cities are being affected. About 15,000 families are homeless and two people have died so far in the floods and more than 20 landslides. The end of the bridge that connects the state of Pernambuco with Alagoas has been destroyed, and rains have washed away many hillside barriers, causing landslides along the PE-103 highway. “
Day 498 [May 13, 2011]
- Iowa, USA. Taylor County has been declared a disaster are after the two tornadoes struck the town of Lenox, increasing the state’s 2011 tornado tally to 30. Buildings were leveled, roofs blown off and the debris covered the small town, a report said.
- Tennessee, USA. The White House has declared Memphis a disaster area following the flood damage caused by rising Mississippi River, reports said.
- Vancouver, Canada. States of emergency have been declared in several areas near Vancouver due to flooding, reports said.
- British Columbia, Canada. States of emergency have been declared in several areas throughout the BC due to flooding, reports said.
Day 499 [May 14, 2011]
- NY, USA. Village of Wellsville in Allegany County has declared a state of emergency following severe localized flash flooding that caused widespread damage to roads and other infrastructure, reports said.
- South Dakota. The White House has approved a Presidential Disaster Declaration for 28 South Dakota counties (the counties of Aurora, Beadle, Brookings, Brown, Buffalo, Clark, Codington, Day, Edmunds, Faulk, Grant, Hamlin, Hand, Hughes, Hyde, Jackson, Jerauld, Kingsbury, Lake, Marshall, Miner, Moody, Perkins, Potter, Roberts, Sanborn, Spink, and Sully) damaged by flooding, reports say.
- Missouri, USA. The White House has declared Butler, St Louis, Mississippi, New Madrid and Taney counties major disaster areas following damage caused by tornadoes, severe storms and widespread flooding, reports say.
- Oklahoma, USA. The White House has declared state of Oklahoma a major disaster area following damaged caused by a severe winter storm and snowstorm during the period of January 31 to February 5, 2011 in the counties of Craig, Creek, Jefferson, Logan, Mayes, Nowata, Okmulgee, Osage, Ottawa, Pawnee, Pottawatomie, Rogers, Stephens, Tulsa, Wagoner and Washington.
- Alaska and GOM, USA. President B.O. is seeking to expand drilling in Alaska and Gulf of Mexico, a report said. Worried senseless about his re-election in 2012, B.O. in his weekly radio and Internet address said: “I am directing the Department of Interior to conduct annual lease sales in Alaska’s National Petroleum Reserve, while respecting sensitive areas, and to speed up the evaluation of oil and gas resources in the mid and south Atlantic … We plan to lease new areas in the Gulf of Mexico as well, and work to create new incentives for industry to develop their unused leases both on and offshore.”
[May 15, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,767 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Alberta, Canada. The town of Slave Lake in northern Alberta has been placed under a state of emergency after two wildfires erupted on Saturday, forcing hundreds of people to evacuate their homes, reports say.
- Manitoba, Canada. Floodwaters from a deliberate breach of an Assiniboine River levee have forced at least 1,300 people to evacuate their homes, reports said.
- Afghanistan. A British soldier was killed Sunday in southern Afghanistan, the 17th trooper to die for Barack Obama this year. The death brings to 365 the number of British troops killed since Afghanistan was invaded in October 2001, reports said.
- [May 16, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,766 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Alberta, Canada. At least 84 fires were raging across Alberta as of early Monday, including 29 burning out of control, according to Alberta provincial govt. website. Full evacuation of city of Slave Lake was ordered, as two major wildfires consumed “hundreds of buildings,” reports said.
- [May 17, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,765 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Washington, USA. The city of Chewelah (Stevens County, Washington),has declared a state of emergency due to flooding, a report said.
- “I’ve never seen it flow this fast,” mayor Jamie Olson said. “What I’m seeing is an overflow like never before. Water flowing across the road. This is insane.”
- Alberta, Canada. Alberta govt has raised the emergency to maximum level of 4, as 116 wildfires continue burning in the province with 34 blazes raging out of control. Slave Lake fires have so far consumed about 40% of the city.
- Arkansas, USA. Greene County has been declared a federal disaster area because of recent flooding, reports said.
- [May 18, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,764 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Washington, USA. Yakima county commissioners have declared a state of emergency because of flooding of the Yakima and Naches Rivers have caused widespread damage to property, a report said.
- Montana, USA. Ravalli County officials have declared a state of emergency due to flooding, reports say.
- Washington, USA. Kittitas County commissioners have declared a countywide emergency due to widespread damage caused by flooding, a report said.
- Alaska, USA. Gov Parnell has declared a state disaster for communities flooded by the Kuskokwim River, a report said. “About 66 percent of the housing in Crooked Creek has been severely damaged or destroyed by ice jams and floods earlier this month.”
- [May 19, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,763 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Indiana, USA. Gov. Daniels has declared a state of emergency in 34 Indiana counties because of the damage caused by extreme rain events and widespread flooding which have affected the region for about 40 days, a report said. More counties could be added to the emergency declaration in the coming days.
- The counties in the declaration are: Benton, Clark, Clay, Crawford, Daviess, Dearborn, DuBois, Floyd, Franklin, Gibson, Harrison, Jackson, Jefferson, Jennings, Knox, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Ohio, Orange, Parke, Perry, Pike, Posey, Putnam, Ripley, Scott, Spencer, Starke, Sullivan, Switzerland, Vanderburgh, Warrick and Washington.
- Arkansas, USA. FEMA has declared Lawrence County, Arkansas a federal disaster area, a report said.
- Pennsylvania, USA. Federal govt has declared Cumberland, Dauphin, Perry and York counties as disaster areas due to flooding, a report said.
- Arkansas, USA. FEMA has declared Greene County, Arkansas a federal disaster area, a report said.
- Saskatchewan, Canada. The City of Estevan has been declared a disaster area due to the damage caused by flooding, local reports say.
- [May 20, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,762 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- France. The ongoing drought in France [and most of Europe] has been described as “a situation of crisis” by the French environment minister, a report said.
- France is the European Union’s top grain grower. However, more than 85 percent of its wheat crop has suffered from the drought.
- “EU new crop wheat futures have gained 34 percent since mid-March, and 22 percent alone over the past two weeks, hitting a new contract high on Thursday. “
- Kansas, USA. More than 50 percent of the state Kansas is stricken by severe, or exceptional levels of drought, up by 9 percent since last week, the Drought Monitor reported.
- “Along with the U.S., France, and China all are experiencing some pretty nasty drought that is going to have a major global impact on commodities, wheat in particular,” said Mark Svoboda, climatologist with the University of Nebraska and the National Drought Mitigation Center.
- “A dire drought that has plagued Texas and parts of Oklahoma expanded across the key farming state of Kansas over the last week, adding to struggles of wheat farmers already dealing with weather-ravaged fields,” said a report.
- Europe. About 20 percent of the global wheat output comes from Europe. However, the worst drought in nearly 4 decades is threatening the UK, France and Germany. France, the world’s second- largest wheat exporter, may produce 12 percent less this year than in 2010, said Agritel, a Paris-based farm adviser.
- Idaho, USA. “The President today declared a major disaster exists in the State of Idaho and ordered Federal aid to supplement State, Tribal, and local recovery efforts in the area struck by flooding, landslides, and mudslides during the period of March 31 to April 11, 2011. ” The WH said.
- [May 21, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,761 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Utah, USA. Officials in Morgan County, Utah, have filed an emergency declaration with the state ass the threat of flooding grows, a report said.
- NY, USA. A state of emergency is in effect in the heavily flooded Little Valley until at least Monday, a report said.
- Colombia. Almost nonstop rainfall in Colombia in the past 12 months have triggered extensive flooding and numerous land- and mudslides throughout the country. About 450,000 homes have been destroyed/damaged; at least 448 lives lost, with 73 others reported as missing; some 3.3 million people have been affected according to the government, a report said. A red alert was issued earlier this month in the region north of the capital, Bogota, where several towns were flooded.
- Ohio, USA.Gallia County has been declared a disaster area following excessive rains since April that have caused millions of dollars in damage to the roads and other infrastructure, reports said.
- [May 22, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,760 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Siberia, Russia. Forest fires have consumed about 100,000 hectares of Far East Russian and Siberian forestry since April 5, 2011.
Some 197 wildfires covering an area of about 66,284 ha are still burning, including 21 large fires which account for about a half of the total burning in Sakha Republic (Yakutia) and Amur region, a report said.
- “7,050 people and 1267 pieces of equipment have been involved in fighting forest fires.”
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Death toll from landslides that buried an orphanage near the Malaysian capital has climbed to 16. All but one of the victims are said to be children, according to the officials.
- Kansas, USA. A deadly tornado swept through the town of Reading in eastern Kansas, killing at least one person, injuring an unspecified number of others, destroying more than 20 homes and damaging 200 other building, a state emergency management official was reported as saying on Sunday. SPC had received at least 18 tornado reports, as of posting.
- Montpelier, Idaho. Prompted by a large reservoir at the brink, the city of Montpelier in Idaho has declared a state of emergency, a report said. Bear Lake County is planning on making a county-wide emergency declaration on Monday.
- North Dakota, USA. The WH has declared a major disaster exists in the State of North Dakota because of the damage caused by a severe winter storm during the period of April 29 to May 1, 2011.
- Missouri, USA. Following extensive damage caused by storms and flooding since April 19, FEMA has added eight more counties (Cape Girardeau, Howell, McDonald, Pulaski, Ripley, Scott, Stoddard and Stone counties to a federal disaster declaration ) to a list of federal disaster areas that already included New Madrid, Mississippi and Butler counties in Southeast Missouri as well as St. Louis and Taney counties, a report said.
- Montana, USA. Flooding in southeastern Montana has prompted an emergency declaration on the Crow Reservation, reports said. Several roads, bridges and culverts were damaged by flooding, and many farm fields are being inundated.
- [May 23, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,759 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Missouri, USA. Deadly tornadoes swept the Midwest, killing at least 30 people in Joplin, MO, and leaving an unspecified number of others injured. Missouri Governor Nixon declared a state of emergency and activated the National Guard to help deal with the disaster, stating that the storms “have caused extensive damage across Missouri.”
- Minneapolis, USA. At least two people were killed and dozens of others injured, some of them critically, when a tornado hit Minneapolis.
- [May 24, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,758 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Montana, USA. Gov. Schweitzer has declared a state of emergency throughout much of Montana because of widespread flooding. At least one person has drowned and two others are reported missing, a report said. “There is no area of the state that is really in a safe spot,” said Monique Lay, spokeswoman for Montana’s Disaster and Emergency Services Division.
- Minnesota, USA. A state of emergency has been declared in Minneapolis following a tornado strike which caused loss of life, significant injuries and severe damage, reports said.
- Wisconsin, USA. City of La Crosse mayor has declared a state of emergency in the city following damage caused by severe storms and possible tornado, reports said.
- Missouri, USA. Death toll from the deadly tornado that struck Joplin has climbed to at least 116, with as many as 1,200 others injured, report said.
- [May 25, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,757 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Central USA. Deadly storms packing winds of more than 150 mph barreled through parts of central U.S., killing at least 13 people, injuring scores of others and leveling buildings in three states. The latest storms killed at least 8 in Oklahoma, 2 in Kansas and 3 people in Arkansas.
- Missouri, USA. Death toll from Joplin tornado has risen to at least 124, and is still climbing. About 750 others have received hospital treatment, officials said. Some 1,500 people are unaccounted for.
- Illinois, USA. “The Franklin County Sheriff department has confirmed that several people were killed and many more were injured and have gone missing after a possible tornado hit the community of Denning in Franklin County early Wednesday morning,” a report said.
- [May 26, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,756 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Oklahoma, USA. Gov Fallin has declared a State of Emergency for 68 Oklahoma counties following the devastation caused by tornadoes, severe storms, straight line winds, damaging hail and flooding since Tuesday. The declaration covers the following counties: Adair, Alfalfa, Atoka, Blaine, Bryan, Caddo, Canadian, Carter, Cherokee, Choctaw, Cleveland, Coal, Comanche, Cotton, Craig, Creek, Custer, Delaware, Dewey, Garfield, Garvin, Grady, Grant, Haskell, Hughes, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnston, Kay, Kingfisher, Kiowa, Latimer, LeFlore, Lincoln, Logan, Love, Major, Marshall, Mayes, McClain, McCurtain, McIntosh, Murray, Muskogee, Noble, Nowata, Okfuskee, Oklahoma, Okmulgee, Osage, Ottawa, Pawnee, Payne, Pittsburg, Pontotoc, Pottawatomie, Pushmataha, Rogers, Seminole, Sequoyah, Stephens, Tillman, Tulsa, Wagoner, Washington, Washita, Woods and Woodward.
- Minnesota, USA. Gov Dayton has declared a State of Emergency in the State of Minnesota following the severe storms that buffeted the Twin Cities metropolitan area on May 22, 2011.
- Idaho, USA. Idaho Gov Otter has declared a State of Emergency in Bingham and Jefferson counties due to continued flooding.
- [May 27, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,755 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Alberta, Canada. The town of High River in Alberta, Canada has declared a state of emergency after the local Highwood River began flooding in multiple areas, reports said. Voluntary evacuation was underway for residents in flooded area.
- South Dakota, USA. Gov Daugaard has declared a state of emergency in Pierre and Ft. Pierre, asking the residents to evacuate within 48 hours, as Army Engineers continued to increase the flow of water into the stilling basin to the Missouri River, a report said.
- “It’s a rapidly evolving situation so please try to keep yourself informed and we’ll try our best to keep you informed,” said Gov. Daugaard.
- He said the flooding was expected to last for some time.
- “This is gonna be a long term situation this isn’t gonna be a day or two or a week or two, this is gonna be months.” He said.
- Utah, USA.Weber County declared a state of emergency after Weber River reached flood stage, reports said. State officials in Northern Utah breached two levees to ease pressure, reports said.
- Montana, USA. The Joliet City Council has declared the town a disaster area after damage caused by Rock Creek flooding, a report said.
- Vermont, USA. “A series of intense, slow-moving thunderstorms unleashed high winds and torrential rains around the Northeast, causing widespread river flooding and ripping up streets in Vermont on Friday and leaving parts of central Pennsylvania and upstate New York without power.” AP reported. At least 200 people were forced to abandon their homes.
- Plainfield received 5.22 inches of rain;
- St. Johnsbury: 4.74 inches;
- Montpelier 3.89 inches.
- [May 28, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,754 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Idaho, USA. Gov Otter has issued a statewide declaration of emergency in anticipation of more flooding in Idaho, reports say.
- “As we continue to experience this growing threat of flooding it requires our proactive attention and continued vigilance,” Otter said.
- Wyoming, USA. Governor Mead has signed an Executive Order directing Wyoming National Guard and the Office of Homeland Security to deploy teams to help prepare for flooding, reports said.
- Arkansas, USA. Gov. Beebe has declared seven Arkansas counties disaster areas. The counties were Baxter, Benton, Carroll, Franklin, Johnson, Marion and Washington. The declaration was issued after tornadoes killed at least 5 people in the state, and was in addition to numerous other other disaster declarations issued over the past 40 days for flash flooding, tornadoes and river flooding, reports say.
- Obama’s War on Afghanistan.At least 13 US and UK troops have been killed in Obama’s War on Afghanistan over the past few days. The latest deaths bring the death toll of the occupying troops to 49 so far this month, and to 200 since beginning of the year [148 were from the United States.] The 2010 death toll for the US and NATO forces was 711.
- European Union. One of the largest outbreaks of E-coli infection in Germany has claimed a dozens lives and sickened hundreds of others. Cases of the infection, believed to have been caused by Spanish cucumbers, have also been reported in Britain, Denmark, Netherlands and Sweden.
- “The strain of E. coli that has been detected is known as EHEC, or enterohemorrhagic e-coli. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, such forms of the infection can cause a potentially life-threatening complication known as hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) in 5 percent to 10 percent of those diagnosed. Officials say it can cause kidney failure and other problems,” said a report.
- [May 29, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,753 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Obama’s War on Afghanistan. An air strike by US-led NATO forces in Helmand, southern Afghanistan, has killed 12 children and two women, and wounded at least 6 others, including three children, reports said. Sine last year, hundreds of civilians, mostly children and women, have been killed and many more wounded, in similar airstrikes.
- New York, USA. Officials have declared state of emergency in parts of the Warren County after severe storms dumped heavy rains causing extensive flooding, washouts and road closures across the county, reports said.
- Pennsylvania, USA. Officials in the Borough of Dauphin have declared a state of emergency after an EF-1 tornado touched dowmn on Friday causing widespread damage.
- Mississippi, USA. Forty counties in Mississippi have been declared disaster areas for various types of disasters since late March, 2011.
- [May 30, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,752 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- South Dakota, USA. Clay County Commission has issued a countywide State of Emergency “to prepare for significantly higher water levels as the Corps of Engineers increases releases from the dams,” a report said.
- Alberta, Canada. The Municipal District of Foothills in Alberta has declared a state of emergency because of widespread flooding.
- China. At least one million people died of tobacco-related diseases (10 percent of them from secondhand smoke), accounting for 13 percent of China’s total of 9.43 million of deaths in 2010, a report said.
- “China has more than 300 million smokers, and those smokers are not only damaging their own health. Second-hand smoke attacks about 740 million people, including 180 million children and teenagers, according to the 2011 China Tobacco Control Report released by the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (China CDC) Thursday in Beijing.“
- [May 31, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from planetary response to the harm caused by humans could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,751 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- British Colombia, Canada. A State of Emergency ihas been declared in West Chilcotin, BC, because of flooding from rapidly rising Anahim Lake and Nimpo Lake, a report said.
- North Dakota, USA. FEMA has added seven additional counties and an Indian reservation to ND’s disaster declaration because of the ongoing flooding. The Declaration includes the following areas: The included areas in the emergency declaration are Barnes, Benson, Burleigh, Cass, Emmons, Eddy, Grand Forks, Mercer, McLean, Morton, Nelson, Oliver, Pembina, Ramsey, Ransom, Richland, Sioux, Towner, Traill, Walsh and Ward Counties and the reservations of the Spirit Lake Nation and Standing Rock Sioux Tribe.
- South Dakota, USA. The Yankton County Commissioners have approved a county-wide emergency declaration in response to ongoing flooding.
[NOTE: This list is by no means exhaustive.]
2011 Disaster Calendar
2010 Disaster Calendar
- Nature’s Warnings Exponentially Intensifying Posted by edro on April 14, 2011
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Index of Human Impact on Nature (HIoN) March 2008
- 2010: The Year of Disasters
- Earth’s Human Induced Antiphase Nears Completion
- 2011 SIX TIMES MORE DISASTROUS THAN 2010
“The antiphase will rapidly transform humans into vicious animals, fighting each other for water, food, fuel, land and all other dwindling natural resources. The fighting, in turn, enhances the positive feedbacks, accelerating the downward spiral.” —EDRO
2010 Disaster Calendar, 2011 Disaster Calendar and 2011 – 2012 MegaDisasters are Copyrights of FIRE-EARTH Blog Authors. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Original materials posted here MAY NOT be copied or reproduced without prior written permission.