NZ Govt and Google Buried Quake Warnings
Posted by feww on February 22, 2011
New Zealand Quake Update
Why Did New Zealand Govt and Google Bury Specific Quake Warnings?
FIRE-EARTH Blog has been posting specific quake warning for New Zealand Region since 2008, all of which have been buried by New Zealand govt and Google. [See links below.]
Latest NZ Earthquake Update and WARNINGS:
- NZ’s Prime Minister John Key has confirmed at least 65 deaths in the Christchurch as a result of today’s earthquakes. “We may be witnessing New Zealand’s darkest day,” he told TVNZ.
- Mayor Bob Parker has said the death toll could quite possibly double.
- Many foreign tourists may be among the casualties.
- It’s unlikely that the secretive government would ever reveal the exact number of fatalities and casualties.
- Christchurch Mayor Bob Parker said up to 200 people are trapped in buildings across the city.
- Many people are still reported as missing.
- The power is cut off and phone lines are down throughout Christchurch, as the authorities evacuate the central areas of the city because of the widespread damage to buildings, roads and other infrastructure.
- Water supplies have been cut-off/disrupted throughout most of the city
- Many roads have been severely damaged and there are reports of widespread liquefaction and flooding.
- The epicenter was close to the town of Lyttelton (population: 3,000), about 12km SE of Christchurch and described as “unlivable” by a TV reporter.
- Sixty percent of buildings in Lyttelton’s main street were destroyed, the chief fire officer has reported.
- In the central suburb of Waltham, as well as several other areas, the ground was “completely liquefied” following the quakes.
- The quakes have had a knock-on effect on air travel, with all commercial flights throughout New Zealand grounded.
- Today’s earthquakes, so far, were the second deadliest wave to strike New Zealand since a 1931 M7.8 earthquake killed 256 people in city of Napier, Hawke’s Bay region.
- Three significant shocks have struck the area, as of posting, with the most recent one registering 5.5Mw at 01:50UTC.
Technically, larger shocks could strike anytime, FIRE-EARTH believes.
FIRE-EARTH has identified a number of potential seismic ‘Ground Zeros,’ areas prone to devastation, in the New Zealand Region, some of which coincide with population centers. New Zealand government has a moral responsibility and legal duty to relocate their people from those areas.
Christchurch could become unlivable in the near future.
- Canterbury Civil Defence Emergency Management Group
- Pictures: Earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand
- Latest advice for quake victims
- Scores of people killed in Christchurch quake
- Christchurch quake: Witness accounts
- Two Significant ‘Foreshocks’ Strike Christchurch, NZ
- New Zealand Region Earthquake Warning
- Powerful Quake Strikes Christchurch, NZ
- New Round of Geo-Assualt at Kermadec Trench
- Strong Quake Strikes Off Coast of NI, NZ
- Mt Ruapehu Eruption Alert
- Mag 5.3 Earthquake Rattles North Island, NZ
- Magnitude 7 Earthquake Hits Kermadec Islands
- Magnitude 6.8 Quake strikes Kermadec Isls Region
- Powerful 7.8 M Quake Strikes New Zealand Region
- Earthquake Cluster Zone Closing in on New Zealand Posted on October 6, 2008