Deadly Tornadoes Strike Southeastern U.S.
Posted by feww on November 17, 2011
Tornadoes wreak havoc across the Southeast, leaving 5 dead and many injured
A strong storm system moved across southeastern US spawning 16 reported tornadoes, killing at least 5 and injuring many more. Dozens of homes and buildings were left damaged across 7 states.
Disaster Calendar 2011 – November 17
[November 17, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,581 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
At least 16 tornado reports were reported to SPC, as of posting.
- North Carolina. At least one person died when tornadoes touched down in NC, Gov. Bev Perdue said.
- “We have reports that tornadoes touched down in Randolph and Davidson counties [Wednesday] evening, causing a fatality in Davidson,” she said.
- About a dozen people were injured and at least 3 dozen structures were damaged in the area.
- Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Several EF 2 tornadoes reportedly touched down injuring 15 people across several counties, with Jones County being the worst-hit.
- South Carolina. At least 3 people were killed and up to a dozen others injured when a tornado swept through a rural community about 20 miles south of Charlotte, N.C.
- Georgia. At least one person was killed when a tree fell on a sport utility vehicle, a report said.
- Alabama. “In eastern Alabama, a suspected twister splintered trees and demolished mobile homes at a pair of housing parks near the Auburn University campus,” the report said.
- Tens of thousands of customers were left without power in Montgomery, the state capital.
- Louisiana. A suspected tornado swept through Houma, southern Louisiana damaging several homes.
- Pittsylvania, Virginia. Strong winds caused extensive roof damage to several building including the building housing the Unique Industries, according to reports received by SPC.
- Dozens of trees were uprooted or splintered.
- Numerous tractor trailers were blown over.
- Water tanks were tossed about.
- Mega Tornadoes to Bombard U-S Tornado Alley
- Oklahoma declares a state of emergency for 20 counties
- New Hampshire Declared Disaster Area
- Massachusetts Declared Disaster Area
- East Coast States of Emergency Declared in Pre-Halloween Snowstorm
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities (EDRO Forecast)
- 2011 Much More Disastrous: FIRE-EARTH Forecast
- Global Disasters in 2011 Could Impact 1/3 to 1/2 of the Human Population (FIRE-EARTH Forecast)
- Back to the Primordial Future
- Mass Die-offs (FIRE-EARTH Forecast)