Philippines declares national calamity
Posted by feww on December 20, 2011
Philippine President declares national calamity amid mounting storm tolls
Philippine President Benigno Aquino has declared a state of national calamity following the devastation caused by flash floods and landslides as typhoon WASHI swept through Mindanao and Negros islands, killing about 1,000 people and leaving tens of thousands homeless.
Disaster Calendar 2011 – December 20
[December 20, 2011] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,548 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Philippines. Philippine President Benigno Aquino has declared a state of national calamity following the devastation caused by flash floods and land slides as typhoon WASHI swept through Mindanao island, killing about 1,000 people and leaving tens of thousands homeless.
- The government has simply no way of knowing how many people are still missing.
- “We’ve lost count for those still missing,” disaster managment chief Benito Ramos said earlier.
- About 340,000 people in 13 provinces have been affected by the disaster inducing at least 43,000 still in evacuation centers, the disaster agency said.
- At least 10,000 homes have been damaged or destroyed by Typhoon WASHI and the ensuing flash floods.
- Dozens of roads and bridges as well as schools and other infrastructure have also been severely damaged or destroyed.
Other Global Disaster
- Moscow, Russia. A snowstorm and a sudden drop of temperature in the Moscow region has resulted in multiple car crashes leaving at least 10 people dead and dozens of others hospitalized, a report said.
- India. The official death toll from cold snaps in northern India has climbed to 39 as intense cold swept through the region claiming 11 more lives, reports said.
- The worst hit states are Uttar Pradesh. Punjab and Haryana.
- Cold weather is forecast to continue for at least a week, meteorologists said.
Global Disaster Links
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities (EDRO Forecast)
- 2011 Much More Disastrous: FIRE-EARTH Forecast
- Global Disasters in 2011 Could Impact 1/3 to 1/2 of the Human Population (FIRE-EARTH Forecast)
- Back to the Primordial Future
- Mass Die-offs (FIRE-EARTH Forecast)
- 2010 Disasters [Includes Links to 2010 Disaster Calendar]
- Mega Disasters: 2011 SIX TIMES MORE DISASTROUS THAN 2010
- 2011 Disaster Calendar