Flooding strikes towns in 2 Mindanao provinces forcing hundreds of Filipinos to abandon homes
Torrential rains triggered more floods swamping several towns in two southern provinces of Davao del Norte and Compostela Valley, and forcing hundrdes of residents to evacuate.
Disaster Calendar 2012 – January 15
[January 15, 2012] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016. SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,522 Days Left to the ‘Worst Day’ in Human History
- Mindanao, Philippines.Flooding struck towns in 2 southern provinces of Davao del Norte and Compostela Valley, and forcing hundrdes of residents to evacuate, authorities said.
- Dozens of villages in the municipalities of Asuncion, Kapalong, Laak, and New Corella in Davao Del Norte were completely submerged by as much as 1 meter (3.3 feet) of floodwater.
- Heavy rains could continue through next week, forecasters said.
- In December, more than 5,000 people were evacuated after tropical storm WASHI [“Sendong”] flooded towns in Compostela Valley and Davao del Norte.
- Negros Oriental, Philippines.Health officials in the Philippines Central Visayas [Region VII] have declared a leptospirosis outbreak [Weil's syndrome] in Tanjay City, Negros Oriental province, following a sharp rise in the infectious disease.
- At least two dozen people have been killed and hundreds of others infected following a leptospirosis outbreak in the Northern Mindanao cities of Cagayan de Oro and Iligan, the local Department of Health reported.
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- 2010 Disasters [Links to 2010 Disaster Calendar]
- Mega Disasters: 2011 SIX TIMES MORE DISASTROUS THAN 2010
- 2011 Disaster Calendar
- 2012 Disaster Calendar