August 2012 Fourth Warmest on Record
Posted by feww on September 18, 2012
Global Land Temperature: Second Warmest August on Record
Average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces was the 4th highest on record for August, at 61.22°F (16.22°C) or 1.12°F (0.62°C) above the 20th century average, NOAA reported.
- August 2012 was the 36th consecutive August and 330th consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average.
- Global land temperature was 58.52°F, which tied with 2001 and 2011 as the second warmest August on record, behind 1998.
- Temperature for global land and ocean surfaces for June–August tied with 2005 as the third highest on record for this period at 61.25°F (16.24°C), or 1.15°F (0.64°C), above the 20th century average.
- U.S. Climate: Warmest YTD on Record Posted September 11, 2012
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID DECLINE IN PROGRESS!