Extreme Weather Wallops QLD, Australia
Posted by feww on November 19, 2012
DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,209 Days Left
[November 19, 2012] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,209 Days Left to the most Fateful Day in Human History
- Symbolic countdown to the ‘worst day’ in human history began on May 15, 2011 ...
Global Disasters/ Significant Events
More than 100,000 bolts of lightning strike QLD area
A massive storm system hammered southern Queensland with destructive, near hurricane force wind gusts as 4-inch hail and heavy rain buffeted the region.
- Flash-flooding swamped parts of Brisbane (pop: ~2.2 million), Australia’s third most populous city. [SE QLD urban conurbation around Brisbane has a population of about 3.2 million.]
- The storms affected the Brisbane, Ipswich, Sunshine and Lockyer council areas, causing crop damage in the Granite Belt and on the Darling Downs, reports said.
- The storms caught the country’s Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) by surprise, as they failed to issue a specific warning until after the extreme weather event had hit parts of Brisbane.
Brisbane city received about 80mm of rain, and rainfall in access of 100mm was recorded elsewhere in the region over the weekend.
At least 100,000 bolts of lightning, delivering an estimated 50 megacoulombs of electric charge, were recorded in the region.
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs
- 2010 Disasters [Links to 2010 Disaster Calendar]
- Mega Disasters
- 2011 Disaster Calendar
- 2012 Disaster Calendar
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun