California Targeted by Battering Storms
Posted by feww on November 29, 2012
DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,199 Days Left
[November 29, 2012] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,199 Days Left to the most Fateful Day in Human History
- Symbolic countdown to the ‘worst day’ in human history began on May 15, 2011 ...
Global Disasters/ Significant Events
Extreme Rain Event Forecast as Storm Barrage Batters N. California
More extreme weather is forecast for N. California, as first of a line of storms struck northern California Wednesday, bringing torrential rain and high winds to the region.
The storms are expected to spawn extreme rain events, precipitating as much as 20 inches of rain, with wind gusts exceeding 70MPH in some areas over a five-day period.
The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued multiple warnings for the region:
More storm systems are on their way to Northern California, bringing significant rainfall and windy conditions with it. Mud and debris flows are possible, and some tree branches are likely to break off causing possible power outages.
Urban and small stream flooding is likely. Snow levels are approximately above 7000 ft, so most precipitation will fall as rain.
Up to 30″ of snow is possible for the Northern Sierra Mountains and Lassen National Park region starting Thursday evening.
Heavy precipitation is expected with high rainfall rates Thursday night/Friday and again Saturday night/Sunday. Mud and debris flows are possible, especially near areas burned during recent wildfires.
Mudslides can occur during periods of heavy rainfall, as the water and the loose soils combine to form a viscous, muddy debris mass, which flows downslope, crushing and overwhelming anything in its path, NWS warned.
Sacramento Valley could experience mudslides, according to the warnings.
See source: http://www.weather.gov/sacramento for latest storm updates
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs
- 2010 Disasters [Links to 2010 Disaster Calendar]
- Mega Disasters
- 2011 Disaster Calendar
- 2012 Disaster Calendar
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun