Eurozone: Unemployment Rate Hits New High
Posted by feww on December 2, 2012
DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,196 Days Left
[December 2, 2012] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,196 Days Left to the most Fateful Day in Human History
- Symbolic countdown to the ‘worst day’ in human history began on May 15, 2011 ...
Global Disasters/ Significant Events
Jobless rate in the euro area rose to a new high of 11.7% in October
European Central Bank has warned the single currency zone would not emerge from its crisis until the second half of 2013 [wishful thinking?]
Unemployment rate in recessionary euro area climbed to 11.7% in October up from 10.4% last year.
[Eurozone, officially the euro area, is an economic and monetary union of 17 European Union (EU) member states using euro (€) as common currency.]
- October 2012 rise was the 14th consecutive monthly record since September 2011 when unemployment reached 10.3 percent.
- An additional 173,000 were out of work across the euro area, bringing the total to 18.7 million.
- Some 25.92 million people across the 27-state European Union single market were out of work in October, Eurostat said.
- The youth unemployment rate climbed to 23.9% in the euro area and to 23.4% in the EU single market compared with 21.2 % and 21.9 percent a year ago, leaving about one in four young Europeans out of work in October.
- Spain’s jobless rate rose to 26.2% from 25.8% the previous month (55.9 percent of under 25s were out of work), and Italy’s climbed to 11.1% from 10.8%.
- Greece’s unemployment rate jumped to 25.4% from 18.4% a year ago (at least 57 percent of under 25s were out of work), and Portugal’s 16.3% from 13.7%.
- France’s jobless rate was 10.7% and Ireland’s 14.7% in October.
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs
- 2010 Disasters [Links to 2010 Disaster Calendar]
- Mega Disasters
- 2011 Disaster Calendar
- 2012 Disaster Calendar
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun