Deadly Cyclone EVAN Envelopes Fiji
Posted by feww on December 16, 2012
DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,182 Days Left
[December 16, 2012] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,182 Days Left to the most Fateful Day in Human History
- Symbolic countdown to the ‘worst day’ in human history began on May 15, 2011 ...
Global Disasters/ Significant Events
EVAN envelopes Fiji after causing large-scale destruction in Samoa
Killer Cyclone Evan intensified to a category 4 cyclone, having flattened thousands of homes and much of the infrastructure in Samoa.
- The death toll in Samoa has risen to at least 4, with 9 people reported missing.
Official Name: Severe Tropical Cyclone EVAN. [Category Cyclone 4 has mean winds 86-107 knots with a central pressure 945-910 hPa]
Fijian prime minister addressing his nation of nearly a million people said:
- “It [Cyclone EVAN] has winds up to 180 kilometers an hour which may intensify, and if the weather forecasters are correct it will affect Fiji in a very damaging way, bringing about destructive winds and flooding. I cannot stress how serious this is, every Fijian will be affected.”
About 100 evacuation centers have been set up in northern and western areas of Fiji, the Fijian national disaster management office said, advising people in the lower-lying areas to move to higher grounds.
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs
- 2010 Disasters [Links to 2010 Disaster Calendar]
- Mega Disasters
- 2011 Disaster Calendar
- 2012 Disaster Calendar