Statewide Disaster in Arkansas, States of Emergency in MS, AL
Posted by feww on December 27, 2012
DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,171 Days Left
[December 27, 2012] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,171 Days Left to the most Fateful Day in Human History
- Symbolic countdown to the ‘worst day’ in human history began on May 15, 2011 ...
Global Disasters/ Significant Events
Severe storms cut power to hundreds of thousands, prompt disaster declaration in AR, states of emergency in MS, AL
Powerful winter storms continue to pound the U.S. northeast with high winds and heavy snow, forcing thousands of flight cancellations.
- Governor Beebe has declared a statewide disaster in the wake of Tuesday’s winter storm. Hundred of thousands remain without power in Central Arkansas amid freezing temperatures.
- Beebe made similar declarations on Wednesday to ease federal regulations for the transport of utility crews and supplies, as well as poultry and poultry feed.
- Up to 10 inches of snow is forecast for northern New England
- Storms dumped record snow in Arkansas and north Texas.
- “White-out” conditions reported in Indianapolis.
- At least a dozen people have been killed and dozens more injured in weather-related incidents.
- Gov. Walker declared a state of emergency in Wisconsin last week as the winter storm approached.
Snow Record Broken
A record snowfall of 4 inches was set at Elko, NV on Wednesday. This breaks the old record of 3 inches set in 1923.
San Cristóbal, Nicaragua’s tallest volcano, has erupted spewing a 1.3-km column of volcanic cloud into the air.
- About 1,500 residents who live within a 3-km radius of the volcano have been told to leave the area.
- The 1,745-meter volcano sits about 140km northwest of the capital Managua.
Related Volcano Links
- Fuego Volcano Erupts Posted on September 13, 2012
- San Cristóbal Eruption Forces Mass Evacuation Posted on September 9, 2012
- Powerful Earthquake Strikes NW Costa Rica Posted September 6, 2012
- Extreme Weather Prevails Across the U.S. Posted December 25, 2012
- Tornadoes Damage or Destroy Scores of Homes in Southern U.S. Posted on December 26, 2012
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs
- 2010 Disasters [Links to 2010 Disaster Calendar]
- Mega Disasters
- 2011 Disaster Calendar
- 2012 Disaster Calendar