Dense Smog Continues Choking Much of China
Posted by feww on February 1, 2013
DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,135 Days Left
[February 1, 2013] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,135 Days Left to the most Fateful Day in Human History
- Symbolic countdown to the ‘worst day’ in human history began on May 15, 2011 …
Global Disasters/ Significant Events
Entombed in smog: Capital Beijing, 7 major cities and at least 6 populous provinces
Large parts of China major cities and populous provinces continued choking in hazardous smog, as air pollution warnings remained in effect on Thursday, said a report.
The worst affects areas are the capital Beijing, Tianjin municipality, Shijiazhuang, Jinan, Shanghai, Shenyang and Harbin cities, with heavy smog also reported in Hebei, Henan, Shandong, Liaoning and Jiangsu provinces.
- The visibility has dropped significantly, forcing the authorities to cancel flights and shut down expressways.
- “[China] is experiencing for the first time smog of such magnitude, spanning from the north all the way to the Yangtze River Delta and the Pearl River Delta,” said vice president for Chinese Research Academy of Environmental Sciences.
China Smog Links
- Beijing Buried in Heavy Smog – Take 4 January 29, 2013
- Heavy Smog Entombs Beijing Again January 23, 2013
- Breathtaking Beijing January 14, 2013
- Hazardous Air Warnings in Beijing as Landslide Kills Dozens in SW China January 12, 2013
Deadly storms move to U.S. Northeast
High wind generated by the 1,000-mile long storm system, stretching from New Orleans to Buffalo, cut power to hundreds of thousands of customers in the northeast.
- Torrential rains have triggered flash floods in several areas throughout the northeast.
- Georgia declared a state of emergency in Bartow and Gordon counties, after an EF-3 tornado destroyed or damaged hundreds of homes, killing at least 1 person and injuring 17 others, some of them critically.
- The worst affected town was southwestern Georgia town of Adairsville.
A SUPERCELL THUNDERSTORM THAT TRACKED ACROSS NORTHWEST BARTOW AND CENTRAL GORDON
COUNTIES FROM APPROXIMATELY 1115 AM TO 1155 AM ON WEDNESDAY… JANUARY 30 2013.
RATING: HIGH END EF-3 (136 TO 165 MPH)
ESTIMATED PEAK WIND: 160 MPH
PATH LENGTH /STATUTE/: 21.8 MILES
PATH WIDTH /MAXIMUM/: 900 YARDS
INJURIES: 17 /9 IN BARTOW…8 IN GORDON/ (NWS)
NWS has confirmed the following tornadoes and straight-line winds in Kentucky:
- EF-1 tornado in Orange County at 1:47am
- EF-0 tornado in Meade County at 4:05am
- EF-0 tornado in Harrison County, IN and Jefferson County, KY at 4:17am
- EF-2 tornado in Warren County
- Tornado in Barren County
- EF-0 tornado in Marion County at 5:42am
Disaster declared in NSW
The Premier of NSW and the Prime Minister of Australia have jointly declared the council areas of Ballina, Bellingen, Byron, Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Kyogle, Lismore, Nambucca, Richmond Valley, and Tweed as natural disaster areas.declare the council areas of Ballina, Bellingen, Byron, Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Kyogle, Lismore, Nambucca, Richmond Valley, and Tweed as natural disaster areas due to losses and damage caused by flooding.
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs