Fighting Forces 100,000 People Flee in Darfur
Posted by feww on February 2, 2013
DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,134 Days Left
[February 2, 2013] Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,134 Days Left to the most Fateful Day in Human History
- Symbolic countdown to the ‘worst day’ in human history began on May 15, 2011 …
Global Disasters/ Significant Events
Up to 100,000 displaced or severely affected as war rages over Sudan gold mine
Fighting between local tribes over gold in the Jebel Amer area in North Darfur has displaced or severely affected 100,000 people, the United Nations reported.
“Many of these people are living in the open in appalling conditions,” the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said.
- Most of the refugees have fled to the town of El Sireaf, where all public offices and schools have been closed to shelter them.
- Meantime, hepatitis E outbreak in Upper Nile State refugee campsites in South Sudan has infected more than 3,000 people killing about 70 since July 2012, UN said.
Other Global Disasters
Mozambique: Severe flooding in Mozambique has displaced up to 200,000 people, killing more than 60, as torrential rains continue to spread flooding.
Botswana: Flooding due to extreme rain events in the North-East and Central Botswana has severely affected about 10,000 people since mid-January 2013.
Zimbabwe: Extreme rain events since early last month have affected about 10,000 people across Zimbabwe, with half of the victims requiring humanitarian assistance.
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs