U.S. Tornadoes and Solomon Islands Tsunami Updates
Posted by feww on February 12, 2013
EF-4 Tornado Struck Lamar and Forrest County, MS
The tornado that struck Lamar and Forrest County, MS on February 10, was a low end EF-4 tornado with maximum wind force of about 170mph, and a damage path of 20 miles, National Weather Service (NWS) reported.
- “Additionally, multiple other locations along the path through West Hattiesburg and across the city were rated in the EF-3 range.”
- 82 people were taken to area hospitals including 63 in Forrest County and 19 in Lamar County, Said NWS. “There are likely many more minor injuries that have not been accounted for at this time.”
- Approximate Start Point/Time: 5 WSW West Hattiesburg (estimated) 5:06 pm (estimated)
- Approximate End Point/Time: 8 NE Petal in Perry Co. (estimated) 5:34pm (estimated)
- Tornadoes Destroy Hundreds of Buildings in Mississippi, Alabama Feb. 11, 2013
- ADAIRSVILLE TORNADO
- Killer Tornadoes Wreak Havoc in U-S January 30, 2013
Solomon Islands: Earthquake and Tsunami
A magnitude 8.0 earthquake struck at a depth of 28.7 km (USGS/EHP) off the coast of Santa Cruz Islands (Temotu Province) in the southeast Solomon Islands archipelago at 1:12 PM UTC on 6 February 2013, triggering 1.0 meter tsunami wave that reached the islands in Temotu Province.
- Some 600 houses were destroyed, affecting more than 3,300 people, 80 percent of whom have been moved to makeshift shelters.
- Aftershocks continue to cause damage, hampering the relief operations and preventing people from returning to their homes.
- “Health services have continued to be disrupted due to ongoing aftershocks, with patients being moved to higher ground.” UN OCHA reported.
- Tsunami Warning: Powerful Quake Off Solomon Islands February 6, 2013
- State of Disaster Declared in Solomon Islands February 8, 2013
February 12, 2013 – DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,124 Days Left
Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,124 Days Left to ‘Worst Day’ in the brief Human History
- The countdown began on May 15, 2011 …
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun