RUSTY Upgraded to a Cat 4 Cyclone
Posted by feww on February 27, 2013
Powerful Cyclone RUSTY Could Cause Severe Flooding in Australia’s NW Coast
- Cyclone RUSTY intensified to a Cat 4 storm early Wednesday, Australia’s BOM reported.
- At 3:00am UTC (11am WST) February 27, 2013 RUSTY was located at 19.5S, 19.4E.
- The cyclone was quasi-stationery for about 6 hours, hovering some 100km off the coast, BOM reported.
- The storm could make landfall east of Port Hedland, about 1,300km north of Perth, Wednesday PM local time.
- High winds have already been reported in Australia’s north-west coast.
- Up to 600mm of rain (~24in) has been being forecast over a 24-hour period.
- People in low-lying areas have been evacuated.
- RUSTY could dump the equivalent of Perth’s entire winter rainfall over the next 3 days, BOM has warned.
- Back-to-back Australian Disasters [index page for Australian disasters 2010 – 2013]
February 27, 2013 – DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,109 Days Left
Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,109 Days Left to ‘Worst Day’ in the brief Human History
- The countdown began on May 15, 2011 …
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID PLANETARY DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs