Hungary Declared a Disaster Area amid ‘Unprecedented’ Snowstorm
Posted by feww on March 16, 2013
Hungary deploys tanks as deadly snowstorm paralyzes Eastern Europe
Hungarian government has declared the country a disaster area, sending in tanks to rescue thousands of motorists trapped in snow.
- The Interior Minister has described the disaster as “unprecedented in Hungary.”
- The deadly snowstorm has also struck parts of the Balkans, Belarus, Bulgaria, Poland and Slovakia, reports said.
- At least 12,000 people from more than 5,000 vehicles have so far been rescued and taken to temporary shelters, the Hungarian Prime Minister told reporters.
- “The situation is particularly difficult and serious on the M1 motorway near the town of Babolna where there is a wall of snow, spanning 12 km (7 miles) with some gaps, and due to the strong winds even the deployment of helicopters is difficult,” he said.
- At least a dozen people have so far been killed in weather-related incidents.
- More than 1,000 towns and villages are without electricity throughout the region.
- Heavy rain has hit parts of Bosnia, Kosovo and Serbia, said a report.
March 16, 2013 — DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,092 Days Left
Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,092 Days Left to ‘Worst Day’ in the brief Human History
- The countdown began on May 16, 2011 …
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID PLANETARY DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs