State of Emergency Declared in Kiev after Heavy Snow
Posted by feww on March 24, 2013
Ukraine Capital Kiev declares a state of emergency amid mega snowstorm
The snow forced the closure of International Boryspil Airport, and trapped thousands of vehicles in northern and northeastern Ukraine.
- Many stores and businesses in Kiev and other major cities in northern Ukraine also remained closed due to the snow.
Other Global Disasters, Significant Events
USA: Winter Weather, Severe Thunderstorms and Heavy Rainfall
“A storm system will bring heavy snow to portions of the Mid-Mississippi and Ohio Valleys as well as the central Appalachians on Sunday. A swath of 6 to 10 inches is forecast from central Missouri to west central Ohio. Meanwhile, severe thunderstorms and locally heavy rainfall will continue to be a threat across the southeast United States.” NWS/NOAA reported.
Map of weather hazards for March 24, 2013 @ 14:00 UTC. Source: NWS.
- Severe weather with large hail and damaging winds was reported in the Gulf Coast region from Florida to eastern Texas.
- Baseball-sized hail west of Lawtey, near state road 225, Bradford County, Florida reported to SPC.
Columbia County, Fla., has declared a state of emergency after damage caused by flooding and high winds, reports said.
- Severe flooding reported in Lake City after it received two inches of rain in 30 minutes, said NWS.
- How Homo Ignarus Killed Spring March 21, 2013
March 24, 2013 — DISASTER CALENDAR SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,084 Days Left
Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,084 Days Left to ‘Worst Day’ in the brief Human History
- The countdown began on May 15, 2011 …
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID PLANETARY DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun