‘Catastrophic Losses’ of Animals Feared due to UK Spring Snow
Posted by feww on March 26, 2013
Many animals dead or dying in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales: NFU
The late snow has hit the UK during lambing season, making it impossible for hundreds of farmers to get to their animals.
Many animals are already dead or dying, said a NI farmer. “There are hundreds of farmers who have sheep buried.”
“Road conditions are just incredibly bad. There’s places where the snow at the side of the road is higher than the vehicles. It’s coming late in a very, very tough winter – it’s just putting the tin hat on it for many of us,” said another farmer.
There are fears of “catastrophic losses,” with thousands of animals buried on the Isle of Man, where the recent snowfall was reportedly the heaviest recorded in 50 years.
Southern Scotland has been the worst affected region, with many animals trapped, and no way of getting food to them, said Carolyn Lamb from NFU Scotland.
DISASTER CALENDAR – March 26, 2013 —
SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,082 Days Left
Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,082 Days Left to ‘Worst Day’ in the brief Human History
- The countdown began on May 15, 2011 …
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID PLANETARY DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs