Global Disasters/ Significant Events Headlines – 17 April 2013
Posted by feww on April 17, 2013
China H7N9 avian flu: 77 cases, 16 deaths
At least 14 new cases of H7N9 avian influenza and two additional fatalities in Shanghai were reported by the Chinese authorities, raising the total number of infection to 77, and the death toll to 16, as of posting.
Some 30 cases including 11 fatalities have been reported in Shanghai, 20 infections including 2 deaths in Jiangsu Province, and 21 cases including two deaths in Zhejiang Province. Anhui Province has reported three cases with one death; while Beijing reported one infection so far; and Henan Province has revealed 2 cases, the report said.
Other Global Disasters/ Significant Events
Iran-Pakistan Border Earthquake Update
- Quake depth revised to 82 km (51.0 miles) by USGS/EHP .
The 7.8Mw quake shook a vast region for 40 seconds. Tremors were felt throughout Middle-East, including Oman, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain capital Manama, as well as Pakistan, shaking buildings in Islamabad and Karachi, Afghanistan and Northern India, including the capital New Delhi.
The quake killed dozens of people, injuring hundreds more and destroying at least 1,500 homes including many mud-houses in one Pakistani town alone.
“A local health official in Iran told the Fars news agency that more than 20 villages were probably ‘severely damaged,’ based on initial reports.” http://www.nation.com.pk/
- “Crisis management authorities declared a state of emergency in the quake-hit area, Iran’s official news agency IRNA said, but so far there have been no confirmed deaths on the Iranian side.”
- “The head of Iran’s Red Crescent rescue corps said communications to the stricken areas have been cut.”
Minnehaha County, South Dakota
Officials have declared Minnehaha County, South Dakota, a disaster area, following the losses and damage caused by violent storm last week, said a report.
DISASTER CALENDAR – April 17, 2013 —
SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,060 Days Left
Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,060 Days Left to ‘Worst Day’ in the brief Human History
- The countdown began on May 15, 2011 …
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID PLANETARY DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background