Global Disasters/ Significant Events – 25 April 2013
Posted by feww on April 25, 2013
Another two million dead and Texas would have named a town after Bush
Mr Obama will help dedicate the George W. Bush Presidential ‘Lie-Bury’ and Museum on Thursday. He is on record as saying “the failed policies of George W. Bush” wiped away a budget surplus. Mr. Bush put two wars “on a credit card,” led the country away “from our values” and “crashed the economy.”
- Ironically, Mr Bush, 66, has read little more than about half dozen books in his entire life.
- He raised more than $500 million for his presidential center, which will occupy 23 acres on the campus of Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas.
Spain unemployment hits record high
Total number of unemployed people in Spain has now topped 6.2 million, a new record of 27.2 percent of the nation’s workforce, according to the official data.
Death Toll Rises in Bangladesh Building Collapse
At least 228 people were killed and up to 2,000 others injured when a building collapsed in a suburb of the Bangladeshi capital, Dhaka.
- More than 2,000 people were in the Rana Plaza building in Savar, about 30km outside Dhaka, when it collapsed on Wednesday.
- It’s not known how many people are still trapped in the rubble.
- The factory owners, who have gone into hiding, had ignored warnings after cracks were noticed on Tuesday, Police said.
China: Death toll in Lushan quake reaches 196
Death toll from M7.0 earthquake that hit Lushan County, Sichuan Province, on Saturday has climbed to 196, with at least 21 people reported as missing, and about 12,000 people injured.
- Meantime, two dozen people were reportedly injured when two quakes hit Yibin City, about 500 km from Lushan County.
- “Two successive earthquakes measuring 4.8 and 4.2 magnitude jolted , southwest China’s Sichuan Province, on Thursday morning, leaving 24 people injured and thousands of houses damaged.” said a report.
Afghanistan: Earthquake and flooding kill 40 people
Death toll from a 5.6Mw earthquake that struck NW of Jalalabad, Afghanistan on Wednesday has climbed to at least 20, with more than 150 other injured.
- The quake left hundreds of homes destroyed or damaged.
Meantime, ongoping flash floods in the northern province of Balkh have left at least 20 people dead and thousands of houses destroyed or damaged.
IRAQ: Clashes between army and Sunni militants kill more than 100
Iraq continues to plunge deeper into sectarian violence after two days of fighting between government forces and Sunni militants left at least 100 people dead and scores of others injured.
DISASTER CALENDAR – April 25, 2013 — SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,052 Days Left
Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,052 Days Left to ‘Worst Day’ in the brief Human History
- The countdown began on May 15, 2011 …
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID PLANETARY DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background