DISASTER Diary – May 20, 2013
Posted by feww on May 20, 2013
88 Killed, more than 150 injured in Iraq shooting and bombing attacks
At least nine bomb explosions ripped through predominantly Shia districts of the Iraqi capital Baghdad on Monday, killing dozens of people and wounding over 130 others, reports said.
Two car bombs hit the predominantly Shia city of Basra in southern Iraq also on Monday, killing at least 13 and injuring 40 others.
Meantime, the authorities found the bodies of 13 people kidnapped on Saturday in a desert in Anbar Province with bullet wounds to their heads and chests. At least 6 of the victims were policemen.
The death toll from Iraqi violence exceeded 200, with hundreds of others injured.
April was the deadliest month in Iraq since 2008, as bombing attacks and shootings killed more than 700 people and injured at least 1,600 others across the country, said the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI).
Baghdad was the deadliest province, with at least 211 killed and about 500 injured, UNAMI reported.
DISASTER CALENDAR – May 20, 2013 —
SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,027 Days Left
Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,027 Days Left to ‘Worst Day’ in the brief Human History
- The countdown began on May 15, 2011 …
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID PLANETARY DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs