Global Disasters/ Significant Events – May 28, 2013
Posted by feww on May 28, 2013
More than 500 people killed in Iraq amid mounting violence
At least 511 people have been killed and more than 1,350 wounded so far this month, making May the deadliest month in a year.
In April, more than 460 people were killed and about 1,300 others wounded.
6,000 evacuated as fast-moving wildfire rips through Santa Barbara County
A fast-moving brush fire continued to consume hillsides in Santa Barbara County, Calif., blackening more than 1,200 acres and threatening 50 structures.
The “White Fire” broke out Monday in Los Padres National Forest near the White Rock Camp Area in Red Rock Canyon, forcing the authorities evacuate 50 families from nearby homes, and about 6,000 campgoers from the Paradise Road area.
No injuries were reported, as of posting, and the fire was only 5 percent contained. The cause of the fire is being investigated.
Further south, a large blaze in San Diego County consumed about 1,000 acres, and was about 40 percent contained by late Monday.
DISASTER CALENDAR – May 28, 2013 —
SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,019 Days Left
Mass die-offs resulting from human impact and the planetary response to the anthropogenic assault could occur by early 2016.
- SYMBOLIC COUNTDOWN: 1,019 Days Left to ‘Worst Day’ in the brief Human History
- The countdown began on May 15, 2011 …
- WARNING: Human impact 2.85 x Earth’s diminishing carrying capacity
- WARNING: RAPID PLANETARY DECLINE IN PROGRESS!
- Europe: The First Phase of Collapse Has Started
- United States: The First Phase of Collapse Has Begun
Global Disasters: Links, Forecasts and Background
- The First Wave of World’s Collapsing Cities
- Back to the Primordial Future
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs
- Mass Die-offs