Texas is Fracked !
Posted by feww on August 19, 2013
Who Needs Water in Texas?
More than 30 Texas Towns Will Soon Run Out of Water due to Fracking
At least 30 towns in West Texas are running out of water because they are diverting their precious underground supplies to cope with their oil addiction.
Highlight from the video report posted below:
- Some 8 million gallons of water is used per day for fracking a single well.
- Thousands of wells are drilled by hundreds of rigs every day.
- Fracking accounts for about a quarter of the water used in some communities.
- About 30 communities could run out of water by the end of 2013, said Texas Commission on Environmental Quality .
“More than 30 towns in West Texas will soon be out of water as a direct result of diverting their underground water supplies for use in hydraulic fracking. Largely unregulated fracking, it should be said. Largely unregulated fracking that is definitely putting arsenic into the ground it happens to be drying out. Before you start acting horrified, though, consider: this is exactly what Texas’ mental-midget teabillies voted for” said a report.
- The Fate of Energy Dinosaurs [December 2007]
- More Coal, Anyone?
- Houston, we really do have a problem!