Major Disaster Declared for Nebraska
Posted by feww on June 26, 2015
Nebraska Declared Federal Disaster Area
Nebraska Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Straight-line Winds, and Flooding (DR-4225)
The Disaster President has declared a major disaster exists in the State of Nebraska in the areas affected by severe storms, tornadoes, straight-line winds, and flooding during the period of May 6 to June 17, 2015.
Areas worst affected by the extreme weather events, severe storms, tornadoes, straight-line winds, and flooding, include the counties of Cass, Dundy, Gage, Jefferson, Lancaster, Lincoln, Morrill, Nuckolls, Otoe, Saline, Saunders, and Thayer.
Federal Coordinating Officer for federal recovery operations in the affected area said additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the territory and warranted by the results of further damage assessments.This is the 21st Major Disaster Declaration proclaimed for a U.S. state/territory, so far this year.
- Major Disaster Declared in Guam June 8, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for State of Texas May 30, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for Oklahoma May 27, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for West Virginia – (4th major disaster in 2 months) May 22, 2015
- Federal Disaster Declarations
- Agricultural Disasters Index