Another Swarm of Volcanic-like Earthquakes Rattle NW Nevada
Posted by feww on July 16, 2015
M4.6 strikes north of Bald Mountain, Nevada
Centered at 41.895°N, 119.636°W the quake occurred at a depth of about 10km, reported USGS/EHP.
The quake was one of at least 23 volcanic-like tremors of all sizes to strike the area in the 24 hours to posting.
A swarm of at least 55 shocks have occurred in the area over the past 7 days.
Location: 41.895°N 119.636°W
Depth: 10.1 km
Time: 2015-07-16 01:52:11 UTC
- 48km (30mi) SE of Lakeview, Oregon
- 155km (96mi) ESE of Altamont, Oregon
- 159km (99mi) ESE of Klamath Falls, Oregon
- 176km (109mi) NNE of Susanville, California
- 303km (188mi) N of Carson City, Nevada