Federal Disaster Declared for New Jersey
Posted by feww on July 23, 2015
New Jersey Declared Major Disaster Area
New Jersey Severe Storm (DR-4231)
The Disaster President has declared a major disaster exists in the State of New Jersey in the areas affected by a severe storm on June 23, 2015.
The areas that were worst affected by the extreme weather event include the counties of Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, and Gloucester.
Federal Coordinating Officer for federal recovery operations in the affected area said additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the territory and warranted by the results of further damage assessments.
This is the 27th Major Disaster Declaration [DR 4205-4231] proclaimed for a U.S. state/territory, so far this year. Additionally, the federal government has also issued seven Fire Management Assistance Declarations for the year to date, as of posting.
Fire Management Assistance Declarations (2015)
[FM-5090] 07/20/2015 Washington Blue Creek Fire
[FM-5089] 07/20/2015 California North Fire
[FM-5088] 07/06/2015 Idaho Cape Horn Fire
[FM-5087] 06/29/2015 Washington Sleepy Hollow Fire
[FM-5086] 06/17/2015 Arizona Kearney River Fire
[FM-5085] 06/16/2015 Alaska Card Street Fire
[FM-5084] 06/15/2015 Alaska Sockeye Fire
- Federal Disaster Declared for Kansas [DR-4230] July 21, 2015
- Federal Disaster Declared for Colorado [DR-4229] July 19, 2015
- Federal Disaster Declared for Louisiana [DR-4228] July 14, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for Wyoming [DR-4227] July 8, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for West Virginia – (WV’s 4th major disaster in 2 months) [DR-4221] May 22, 2015
- Federal Disaster Declarations
- Agricultural Disasters Index