Major Disaster Declared in California Wildfire
Posted by feww on September 23, 2015
Federal Disaster Declared in Lake County after Valley Fire Destroys about 2,000 Structures
California Valley Fire (DR-4240) Incident period: September 12, 2015 Major Disaster Declaration declared on September 22, 2015
The White House has declared a major disaster exists in Lake County, California after the so-called Valley Fire wildfire destroyed nearly 2,000 structures, mostly homes, killing at least three civilians and injuring four fire crews.
- County: Lake, Napa and Sonoma Counties
- Acres Burned – Containment: 76,067 acres – 79% contained
- Structures Still Threatened: 3,043 residential
- Total Fire Personnel: 3,303
California Gov had already issued two States of Emergency proclamations this month for four counties, one for Lake and Napa counties due to the effects of the Valley Fire, and the other for Amador and Calaveras counties due to the devastation caused by Butte Fire wildfire.
Brown had also proclaimed a state of emergency in northern California last month due to the wildfires.
Meanwhile another deadly fire called Butte Fire has destroyed about 600 homes and businesses as well as hundreds of outbuildings, killing at least 2 civilians.
- County: Amador & Calaveras Counties
- Acres Burned – Containment: 70,868 acres – 82% contained
- Structures Still Threatened: 6,400
- Total Fire Personnel: 2,630
A smaller wildfire called Tassajara Fire has burned 1,086 acres – 75% contained – since Saturday, killing one civilian and destroying 12 residences and 8 outbuildings, with 1 residence damaged.
- Total Fire Personnel: 779
- Evacuations: An Evacuation Order still remains in effect within the fire perimeter.
- State of Emergency Declared for California Counties 2ND in Two days September 14, 2015
- Raging Wildfires Destroy Communities in California September 13, 2015
- State of Emergency Declared in California Counties due to Wildfire September 13, 2015
- State of Emergency Declared in California due to Raging Wildfires August 1, 2015