2ND Major Disaster Declaration for Washington
Posted by feww on October 22, 2015
Federal Disaster Declared in Washington State
Washington Wildfires and Mudslides (DR-4243)
Incident period: August 09, 2015 to September 10, 2015
Major Disaster Declaration declared on October 20, 2015
The White House has declared a major disaster exists in the State of Washington in the areas affected by the wildfires and mudslides including Chelan, Ferry, Lincoln, Okanogan, Pend Oreille, Stevens, Whatcom, and Yakima counties and the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation.
Additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the state and warranted by the results of further damage assessments, said the Federal Coordinating Officer for federal recovery operations in the affected areas.
Federal Disasters 2015
The federal government has proclaimed 39 Major Disaster Declaration [DR 4205-4243] for a U.S. state/tribal area/territory so far this year. Additionally, the government has issued two Emergency Declarations, EM-3372 and EM-3373, and 33 Fire Management Assistance Declarations, [FM-5084 to FM-5116] for the year to date.
Major Disaster Declarations Since August 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for Washington [DR-4242] October 16, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared in South Carolina [DR-4241] October 6, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared in California Wildfire [DR-4240] September 23, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared in Kentucky [DR-4239] August 14, 2015
- Major Disasters Declared in Missouri, W. Virginia, Pine Ridge Reservation, S. Dakota [DR-4236 to DR-4238] August 9, 2015
- Super Typhoon SOUDELOR: Federal disaster declared for Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands [DR-4235] August 6, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared in Iowa [DR-4234] August 3, 2015
- Federal Disaster Declarations
- Agricultural Disasters Index