Typhoon KOPPU Affects About 2.4 Million People
Posted by feww on October 25, 2015
KOPPU killed 47, injured 82 and left 4 missing
The following stats were issued by the Philippine National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) in their latest Situation Report No. 17, published October 24, 2015.
- Typhoon KOPPU [locally know as “LANDO”] has affected 536,408 families or 2,356,408 persons, in Regions, I, II, III, IV-A, V, NCR and the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR).
- The storm has displaced 543,100 people (120,600 families) across Regions I, II, III and CAR.
- So far 47 deaths have been confirmed, with 82 others injured and 4 missing in Regions I, II, III, IV-A and CAR.
- Nearly 24,000 people (5,426 families, or 23, 993 persons) were evacuated from the projected path of the typhoon.
- A total of 803 schools were damaged or destroyed.
- A total of 26,675 houses were damaged or destroyed.
- States of calamity were declared for two (2) provinces, one (1) city and eleven (11) municipalities.
- Aurora and Isabela provinces and nine municipalities in six provinces newly declared a state of calamity.
- About 400,000 MT of rice was either damaged or lost due to the storm.
- Total cost of damage to agriculture and infrastructure: PHP9,856,328,602.93 (~ USD211.5 million), ratio of 7:1.