Major Disaster Declared in Alaska
Posted by feww on October 31, 2015
Alaska Declared Federal Disaster Area
Alaska Severe Storm (DR-4244)
Incident period: August 27, 2015
Major Disaster Declaration declared on October 30, 2015
The White House has declared a major disaster exists in the State of Alaska in the areas in the areas affected by a severe storm on August 27, 2015.
Additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the state and warranted by the results of further damage assessments, said the Federal Coordinating Officer for federal recovery operations in the affected areas.
Alaska Federal Disasters
This is the 23rd Federal Disaster Declaration for the state since 2000.
Federal Disasters 2015
The federal government has proclaimed 40 Major Disaster Declaration [DR 4205-4244] for a U.S. state/tribal area/territory so far this year. Additionally, the government has issued two Emergency Declarations, EM-3372 and EM-3373, and 33 Fire Management Assistance Declarations, [FM-5084 to FM-5116] for the year to date.
Major Disaster Declarations Since August 2015
- 2ND Major Disaster Declaration for Washington [DR-4243] October 22, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for Washington [DR-4242] October 16, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared in South Carolina [DR-4241] October 6, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared in California Wildfire [DR-4240] September 23, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared in Kentucky [DR-4239] August 14, 2015
- Major Disasters Declared in Missouri, W. Virginia, Pine Ridge Reservation, S. Dakota [DR-4236 to DR-4238] August 9, 2015
- Super Typhoon SOUDELOR: Federal disaster declared for Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands [DR-4235] August 6, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared in Iowa [DR-4234] August 3, 2015
- Federal Disaster Declarations
- Agricultural Disasters Index