Strong Earthquakes Strike Coastal Chile
Posted by feww on November 11, 2015
UPDATE: Correction as expected!
The earthquake parameters listed below may be subject to additional changes due to procedural issues at USGS/EHP.
Two Earthquake Measuring 6.9Mw Strike NW of Coquimbo, Chile
Centered at 29.439°S, 72.105°W the M6.9 earthquake struck at a depth of 10.0 km, reported USGS/EHP.
List of latest events, as of UPDATE:
- M5.1 strikes 78km NW of Coquimbo, Chile 2015-11-11 03:07:49 UTC 15.2 km
- M6.9 strikes 98km NW of Coquimbo, Chile 2015-11-11 02:46:19 UTC 10.0 km
- M5.1 strikes 83km NW of Coquimbo, Chile 2015-11-11 02:23:38 UTC 10.0 km
- M4.9 strikes 81km NW of Coquimbo, Chile 2015-11-11 02:18:08 UTC 35.0 km
- M4.8 strikes 89km NW of Coquimbo, Chile 2015-11-11 02:14:39 UTC 10.0 km
- M6.9 strikes 93km NW of Coquimbo, Chile 2015-11-11 01:54:37 UTC 10.0 km
- M4.4 strikes 92km NW of Coquimbo, Chile 2015-11-10 23:48:24 UTC 10.0 km
- M4.1 strikes 36km SW of Ovalle, Chile 2015-11-10 19:38:22 UTC 50.1 km
- M4.6 strikes 33km SW of Ovalle, Chile 2015-11-10 12:58:37 UTC 37.6 km
- M4.4 101km WNW of Coquimbo, Chile 2015-11-10 11:43:46 UTC 10.0 km
TSUNAMI OBSERVATIONS –
- TSUNAMI WAVES WITH A MAXIMUM AMPLITUDE OF 15 CM WERE OBSERVED AT
COQUIMBO, CHILE, AND 10 CM AT HUASCO, CHILE. [NWS PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER EWA BEACH HI]