Strong Earthquake Strikes S. of Seram Island, Indonesia
Posted by feww on December 9, 2015
M6.9 quake strikes 106km SE of Amahai, Indonesia
Centered at 4.118°S, 129.478°E the event occurred at a depth of 33.9km, reported USGS/EHP.
The quake was followed by at least one notable aftershock, measuring 5.2Mw, as of posting.
Location: 4.118°S, 129.478°E; depth = 33.9km
Time: 2015-12-09 10:21:50 UTC
- 106km (66mi) SE of Amahai, Indonesia
- 151km (94mi) ESE of Ambon, Indonesia
- 401km (249mi) WNW of Tual, Indonesia
- 408km (254mi) SSW of Sorong, Indonesia
- 653km (406mi) NE of Dili, East Timor
[The earthquake parameters listed above may be subject to additional changes due to procedural issues at USGS/EHP.]