Major Disaster Declared for Oklahoma
Posted by feww on December 30, 2015
Oklahoma Declared Federal Disaster Area
Oklahoma Severe Winter Storms and Flooding (DR-4247)
The White House has declared a major disaster exists in the State of Oklahoma in the areas affected by severe winter storms and flooding during the period of November 27-29, 2015.
The hardest hit areas include the counties of Alfalfa, Beckham, Blaine, Caddo, Canadian, Custer, Dewey, Ellis, Grady, Grant, Kingfisher, Kiowa, Logan, Major, Oklahoma, Roger Mills, Washita, and Woods.
Additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the state and warranted by the results of further damage assessments, federal officials said.
Federal Disaster Declarations (2015)
The federal government has proclaimed 43 Major Disaster Declaration [DR 4205-4247] for a U.S. state/tribal area/territory so far this year. Additionally, the government has issued two Emergency Declarations, EM-3372 and EM-3373, and 34 Fire Management Assistance Declarations [FM-5084 to FM-5117] for the year to date.
Major Disaster Declarations Since October 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for Idaho [DR-4246] December 28, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for Texas [DR-4245] November 26, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared in Alaska [DR-4244] October 31, 2015
- 2ND Major Disaster Declaration for Washington [DR-4243] October 22, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for Washington [DR-4242] October 16, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared in South Carolina [DR-4241] October 6, 2015
- Federal Disaster Declarations
- Agricultural Disasters Index