Major Disaster Declaration for Washington
Posted by feww on January 16, 2016
Washington Declared Federal Disaster Area
Severe Storms, Straight-line Winds, Flooding, Landslides, and Mudslides (DR-4249)
- Incident period: November 12, 2015 to November 21, 2015
- Major Disaster Declaration declared on January 15, 2016
The White House has declared a major disaster exists in the State of Washington due to severe storms, straight-line winds, flooding Landslides, and Mudslides during the period of November 12 – 21, 2015.
The areas that were hardest hit by the disasters include the counties of Chelan, Clallam, Garfield, Island, Jefferson, Kittitas, Lewis, Lincoln, Mason, Pend Oreille, Skamania, Snohomish, Spokane, Stevens, Wahkiakum, and Whitman.
Additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the state and warranted by the results of further damage assessments, federal officials said.
Federal Disaster Declarations (2015)
The federal government has proclaimed 45 Major Disaster Declaration [DR 4205-4249] for a U.S. state/tribal area/territory for 2015 disasters including three for Washington. Additionally, three Emergency Declarations, EM-3372 and EM-3374 including one for WA, and 34 Fire Management Assistance Declarations [FM-5084 to FM-5117] including 12 for the state have been issued.
Major Disaster Declarations Since October 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for Mississippi January 5, 2016
- Federal Emergency Declared for Missouri [EM-3374] January 3, 2016
- Major Disaster Declared for Oklahoma [DR-4247] December 30, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for Idaho [DR-4246] December 28, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for Texas [DR-4245] November 26, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared in Alaska [DR-4244] October 31, 2015
- 2ND Major Disaster Declaration for Washington [DR-4243] October 22, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared for Washington [DR-4242] October 16, 2015
- Major Disaster Declared in South Carolina [DR-4241] October 6, 2015
- Federal Disaster Declarations
- Agricultural Disasters Index