NOTHING SHORT OF GENOCIDE !
Posted by feww on January 28, 2016
Submitted by a reader
Genocide is being committed against people of Syria by all those who destabilized the country
In 2010, there were no Syrian refugees drowning in the Mediterranean while escaping the Wahhabi block terrorists. Even polio had long been eradicated across the country…
When President Barack Obama secretly authorized the Central Intelligence Agency to begin arming Syria’s embattled rebels in 2013, the spy agency knew it would have a willing partner to help pay for the covert operation. It was the same partner the CIA has relied on for decades for money and discretion in far-off conflicts: the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. —Mark Mazzetti and Matt Apuzzo
U.S. officials have not disclosed the amount of the Saudi contribution, which is by far the largest from another nation to the program to arm the rebels against President Bashar Assad’s military. But estimates have put the total cost of the arming and training effort at several billion dollars.
Statement to the Security Council on Syria, New York, 27 January 2016
Since 2011, more than 250,000 people have been killed, well over a million injured, and 6.5 million internally displaced within Syria. About 4.6 million refugees, and most of the remaining population – some 13.5 million people – are in dire need of humanitarian assistance, said the Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Stephen O’Brien.
At least 24 migrants including 10 children drowned in the Mediterranean on Wednesday, after their boat capsized near Greece.
In 2015, some 3,811 people were reported dead or missing in the Mediterranean, most all were migrants trying to escape war zones, poverty or persecution in their homelands, reported the International Organization for Migration (IOM).
At least 224 similar deaths have occurred so far this year, said IOM.
Highlights of a U.N. Report Last Week
- ISIL launches an offensive on GoS controlled areas of Deir-Ez-Zor city causing the displacement of 3,200 families;
- Unconfirmed reports of 300 civilians killed by ISIL and 400 civilians abducted
- Already limited supplies of foods and other commodities are likely to diminish soon putting 200,000 individuals at risk of increased malnutrition
- Those living in GoS controlled areas also face serious protection risks should ISIL take full control of the area
- On 19 January, the Government of Russia announced that they dropped 40 MT of relief supplies from the air.
Meanwhile, several European countries, which feel threatened by the influx of refugees, threaten to deport tens of thousands of asylum-seekers: