Major Disaster Declaration Proclaimed for Washington
Posted by feww on February 3, 2016
Federal Disaster Declared in Washington
Severe Winter Storm, Straight-Line Winds, Flooding, Landslides, Mudslides, and a Tornado (DR-4253)
- Incident period: December 01, 2015 to December 14, 2015
- Major Disaster Declaration declared on February 02, 2016
The White House has declared a major disaster exists in the State of Washington in the areas affected by a severe winter storm, straight-line winds, flooding, landslides, mudslides, and a tornado during the period of December 1-14, 2015.
The areas that were hardest hit by the destructive storms include Clallam, Clark, Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Jefferson, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, Skamania, and Wahkiakum counties.
Additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the state and warranted by the results of further damage assessments, said the Federal Coordinating Officer for federal recovery operations in the affected area.
Federal Disaster Declarations (2015)
The federal government proclaimed 43 Major Disaster Declaration [DR 4205-4247] for a U.S. state/tribal area/territory in 2015, two Emergency Declarations, EM-3372 and EM-3373 and 34 Fire Management Assistance Declarations [FM-5084 to FM-5117.]
Major Disaster Declarations (2016)
- Major Disaster Declaration Proclaimed for Idaho February 2, 2016
- Major Disaster Declared for Alabama [DR-4251] January 23, 2016
- Oklahoma Oak Grove Fire (FM-5118)
- Major Disaster Declared for Missouri [DR-4250] January 22, 2016
- Major Disaster Declaration for Washington [DR-4249] January 16, 2016
- Major Disaster Declared for Mississippi [DR-4248] January 5, 2016
- Federal Emergency Declared for Missouri [EM-3374] January 3, 2016
- Federal Disaster Declarations
- Agricultural Disasters Index