Strong Earthquake Strikes Chile
Posted by feww on February 10, 2016
M6.3 earthquake occurs 40km W of Ovalle, Chile
Centered at 30.634°S, 71.620 °W the quake occurred at a depth of 31.5 km (19.6 mi), reported USGS/EHP.
The 1960 M9.5 event in southern Chile is so far the largest instrumentally recorded earthquake in the world.
- 40km (25mi) W of Ovalle, Chile
- 64km (40mi) W of Monte Patria, Chile
- 79km (49mi) SSW of Coquimbo, Chile
- 87km (54mi) SSW of La Serena, Chile
- 326km (203mi) NNW of Santiago, Chile