Major Disaster Declared for Oklahoma
Posted by feww on February 12, 2016
Federal Disaster Declared in the State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma Severe Winter Storms and Flooding (DR-4256)
- Incident period: December 26, 2015 to January 05, 2016
- Major Disaster Declaration declared on February 11, 2016
The White House has declared a major disaster exists in the State of Oklahoma in the areas affected by severe winter storms and flooding during the period of December 26, 2015 to January 5, 2016.
The areas that were hardest hit by the destructive weather events include Adair, Alfalfa, Beckham, Blaine, Caddo, Canadian, Cherokee, Coal, Comanche, Cotton, Craig, Custer, Delaware, Dewey, Grady, Grant, Greer, Harmon, Haskell, Hughes, Jackson, Kay, Kingfisher, Kiowa, Latimer, Major, Mayes, McCurtain, McIntosh, Muskogee, Noble, Okfuskee, Okmulgee, Osage, Pittsburg, Pushmataha, Roger Mills, Sequoyah, Tillman, Washita, and Woods counties.
Federal funding is also available on a cost-sharing basis for hazard mitigation measures statewide.
Additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the state and warranted by the results of further damage assessments, said the Federal Coordinating Officer for federal recovery operations in the affected area.
Federal Disaster Declarations (2015)
The federal government proclaimed 43 Major Disaster Declaration [DR 4205-4247] for a U.S. state/tribal area/territory in 2015, two Emergency Declarations, EM-3372 and EM-3373 and 34 Fire Management Assistance Declarations [FM-5084 to FM-5117.]
Major Disaster Declarations (2016)
- Major Disaster Declared for Texas February 10, 2016
- Major Disaster Declaration Proclaimed for Arkansas [DR-4254] February 6, 2016
- Federal Emergency Declared for Louisiana (EM-3376) February 6, 2016
- Major Disaster Declaration Proclaimed for Washington [DR-4253] February 3, 2016
- Major Disaster Declaration Proclaimed for Idaho [DR-4252] February 2, 2016
- Major Disaster Declared for Alabama [DR-4251] January 23, 2016
- Oklahoma Oak Grove Fire (FM-5118)
- Major Disaster Declared for Missouri [DR-4250] January 22, 2016
- Federal Emergency Declared in Michigan [EM-3375] January 17, 2016
- Major Disaster Declaration for Washington [DR-4249] January 16, 2016
- Major Disaster Declared for Mississippi [DR-4248] January 5, 2016
- Federal Emergency Declared for Missouri [EM-3374] January 3, 2016
- Federal Disaster Declarations
- Agricultural Disasters Index