Major Disaster Declaration Proclaimed for Georgia
Posted by feww on February 27, 2016
Federal Disaster declared for Georgia
- Incident period: December 22, 2015 to January 13, 2016
- Major Disaster Declaration declared on February 26, 2016
The White House has declared a major disaster exists in the State of Georgia in the areas affected by severe storms and flooding during the period of December 22, 2015 to January 13, 2016.
The destructive weather events—severe storms and flooding— caused substantial damage across the state, especially in Baker, Carroll, Chattahoochee, Crawford, Dade, Decatur, Douglas, Fannin, Fayette, Gilmer, Greene, Haralson, Harris, Jeff Davis, Lamar, Macon, Marion, Meriwether, Montgomery, Morgan, Muscogee, Newton, Oglethorpe, Pickens, Stewart, Talbot, Taliaferro, Taylor, Towns, Troup, Upson, Webster, and Wilkes counties.
Federal funding is also being made available on a cost-sharing basis for hazard mitigation measures for the entire the entire State of Georgia.
Additional designations may be made at a later date if requested by the state and warranted by the results of further damage assessments, said the Federal Coordinating Officer for federal recovery operations in the affected areas.
Federal Disaster Declarations (2015)
The federal government proclaimed 43 Major Disaster Declaration [DR 4205-4247] for a U.S. state/tribal area/territory in 2015, two Emergency Declarations, EM-3372 and EM-3373 and 34 Fire Management Assistance Declarations [FM-5084 to FM-5117.]
Major Disaster Declarations (2016)
- Major Disaster Declared for Oregon February 19, 2016
- Major Disaster Declared for Alaska February 18, 2016
- Major Disaster Declared for Oklahoma February 12, 2016
- Major Disaster Declared for Texas February 10, 2016
- Major Disaster Declaration Proclaimed for Arkansas [DR-4254] February 6, 2016
- Federal Emergency Declared for Louisiana (EM-3376) February 6, 2016
- Major Disaster Declaration Proclaimed for Washington [DR-4253] February 3, 2016
- Major Disaster Declaration Proclaimed for Idaho [DR-4252] February 2, 2016
- Major Disaster Declared for Alabama [DR-4251] January 23, 2016
- Oklahoma Oak Grove Fire (FM-5118)
- Major Disaster Declared for Missouri [DR-4250] January 22, 2016
- Federal Emergency Declared in Michigan [EM-3375] January 17, 2016
- Major Disaster Declaration for Washington [DR-4249] January 16, 2016
- Major Disaster Declared for Mississippi [DR-4248] January 5, 2016
- Federal Emergency Declared for Missouri [EM-3374] January 3, 2016
- Federal Disaster Declarations
- Agricultural Disasters Index