Strong Earthquake Jolts Port-Olry, Vanuatu
Posted by feww on April 3, 2016
M6.9 Quake Strikes Vanuatu Region
Location: 14.352°S 166.821°E
Depth: 35.0 km
Date/ Time: 2016-04-03 @ 08:23:53 UTC
- 81km (50mi) NNW of Port-Olry, Vanuatu
- 135km (84mi) NNW of Luganville, Vanuatu
- 407km (253mi) NNW of Port-Vila, Vanuatu
Felt Areas Include Sanma, Torba and Luganville
Tsunami Evaluation Issued by PTWC [09:12UTC SUN APR 3 2016]-
- MINOR SEA LEVEL FLUCTUATIONS OF UP TO 0.3 METERS ABOVE AND BELOW THE NORMAL TIDE MAY CONTINUE OVER THE NEXT FEW HOURS.
- THE TSUNAMI THREAT FROM THIS EARTHQUAKE HAS NOW MOSTLY PASSED. ANY REMAINING THREAT SHOULD BE EVALUATED BY LOCAL AUTHORITIES IN IMPACTED AREAS.