2ND Significant Earthquake Strikes Vanuatu Region
Posted by feww on April 6, 2016
M6.9 Quakes Jolts Sanma, Vanuatu
The quake was the second significant event to occur in the area within three days.
This event did not generate a destructive tsunami.
Location: 14.110°S, 166.567°E; depth=33.7 km (20.9 mi)
Time: 2016-04-06 06:58:50 (UTC)
- 109km (68mi) WSW of Sola, Vanuatu
- 170km (106mi) NNW of Luganville, Vanuatu
- 442km (275mi) NNW of Port-Vila, Vanuatu
- 756km (470mi) N of We, New Caledonia
- 887km (551mi) SE of Honiara, Solomon Islands
[EQ Location Map. Source: USGS/EHP]
- Strong Earthquake Jolts Port-Olry, Vanuatu April 3, 2016